Greek Peak 01/21/22

I was agreeing with Scrundy where he said most take it in stride. Thanks for making my point about the select few whiney ones tho.

We experienced a rollback on chair 5 Sunday. It was more than a couple of feet, but can’t give an estimate. We realize that a little rollback is normal, but this one didn’t feel normal. We were sitting for a bit before a mechanic arrived. He got it running again, but we headed back to chair 4.

I really wish they would address the lift challenges. I know snowmaking upgrades are important, but not if they have a catastrophic lift failure. I understand that lifts are expensive, but a loss of lives or serious injuries could put the place out of business.

We experienced a rollback on chair 5 Sunday. It was more than a couple of feet, but can’t give an estimate. We realize that a little rollback is normal, but this one didn’t feel normal. We were sitting for a bit before a mechanic arrived. He got it running again, but we headed back to chair 4.

I really wish they would address the lift challenges. I know snowmaking upgrades are important, but not if they have a catastrophic lift failure. I understand that lifts are expensive, but a loss of lives or serious injuries could put the place out of business.
Emily, you expect the lifts you ride to be safe...stop your whining.

NYS inspects all lifts annually. If we were owned by NYS we could use tax payer money to upgrade our lift system. Everyone knows we needs lift upgrades, in time, it will happen.

NYS inspects all lifts annually. If we were owned by NYS we could use tax payer money to upgrade our lift system. Everyone knows we needs lift upgrades, in time, it will happen.

I know they are inspected, but lifts do in fact fail. Elk had a lift fail on Sunday that required evacuation, and while they also have some vintage lifts, Elk does a good job of taking care of the place overall. I sure hope that John and Christine start to focus on the lifts. I know they've been kicking that can down the road, as the previous owners did, but they are going to have to bite the bullet one of these days before they have a serious issue.

I know they are inspected, but lifts do in fact fail. Elk had a lift fail on Sunday that required evacuation, and while they also have some vintage lifts, Elk does a good job of taking care of the place overall. I sure hope that John and Christine start to focus on the lifts. I know they've been kicking that can down the road, as the previous owners did, but they are going to have to bite the bullet one of these days before they have a serious issue.
If elk does such a good job taking care of the place why did the lift fail?

If elk does such a good job taking care of the place why did the lift fail?
Mechanical machines sometimes break without warning. Good inspection and maintenance can minimize machines from breaking but you can't totally eliminate somethings from breaking at some point. When is the last time you heard of a lift being down at Elk?

Mechanical machines sometimes break without warning. Good inspection and maintenance can minimize machines from breaking but you can't totally eliminate somethings from breaking at some point. When is the last time you heard of a lift being down at Elk?
I didn't realize that. I'm guessing lifts are down all the time. I worked at a mountain for 11 years and not one lift evac. My point was Greeks lifts passed inspection, even well run ski areas have problems.

Back