Gore Mountain Conditions

14” in my unplowed Queensbury driveway - has to be a lot more on mountain.
A061329B-5CD4-4D68-96C5-391D65F0E33D.jpeg

Nah, it’s not the whole point, just push ‘em safely in practice...

but on the morning of championship finals?

“In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, they are not.”, Benny Brewster, a Cazenovia man.
Nope. Treating them differently on game day just gives them another reason for anxiety. Skating is good for them.

mm

Nope. Treating them differently on game day just gives them another reason for anxiety. Skating is good for them.

mm
Saw some folks come down early while the line was still there from folks showing up later on & they cut carefully thru the line to go skate cedars. Figured it was some of the coaches. Don’t know if the coaches got booed for that...
If the coaches wanted their racers to skate cedars before the race they woulda told them to.

I feel like Gore just missed the heavier snow bands. It's unfortunate. Still great skiing today.

Gore gets under rep'd by radar.

To the south, where bands were darker there was a greater chance of mix precip.

Gore did fine. When Gore gets 2/3 of what the VT spine gets, that's a Gore score.

Run count:

8 High Peaks
6 Burnt Ridge
5 Straightbrook
5 Hudson
2 Topridge
2 AE2
1 Gondola

Total of 29

High Peaks side of the summit was better. The Straightbrook side was more skied off. Same story with Uncas and Topridge. I even got in some glades, Dark Side Glades, Darby Woods, and MacIntyre to be exact.

1000005058.jpg

1000005068.jpg

1000005069.jpg

1000005070.jpg

1000005075.jpg

Also, ski patrol was booed today, but not by me. One of the times I rode High Peaks, someone sent it off the cliff pictured. That cliff is always closed off with a fence. Well, ski patrol busted him at the bottom where it intersects with Cloud, and the people on the chair behind me booed.

I wish there was a way to only Like the first half of a post and the pics....
I didn't boo them, so no need not to like the whole post. I thought it was hilarious how quickly the bust happened. I had just passed that intersection on the lift seconds earlier and didn't see any patrollers. He came out of nowhere. I'm not sure if anyone's pass was taken as I was too far ahead to hear any of the conversation. That cliff is very visibly fenced off, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something they pull passes for, like skiing the summit lift line at Whiteface.

Back