8 High Peaks
6 Burnt Ridge
5 Straightbrook
5 Hudson
2 Topridge
2 AE2
1 Gondola

Total of 29

High Peaks side of the summit was better. The Straightbrook side was more skied off. Same story with Uncas and Topridge.
Looks like ya stayed off the dang slow North.
From Tomorrow’s conditions already put up:
"There’s no need for FOMO because we saved you some powder—all mountain areas are open, so it won’t be hard to find! (The North Side will have the goods!)"
Stay outta there!
Folks call it Powder Pass for a reason.

It's all good. Today was great. Tomorrow will be great. We needed this and it will help us go just a little bit longer. My ruler in my back yard showed 16" but my wife took a reading on the deck at 18". Just west of Saratoga. Today pretty much everything was in play. We skied Chatimac, yes it was closed but there had to be 10 others on it...my ROTD by the way.

It's all good. Today was great. Tomorrow will be great. We needed this and it will help us go just a little bit longer. My ruler in my back yard showed 16" but my wife took a reading on the deck at 18". Just west of Saratoga. Today pretty much everything was in play. We skied Chatimac, yes it was closed but there had to be 10 others on it...my ROTD by the way.
I'm just NE of downtown Saratoga Springs and I finished with 17".

Looks like ya stayed off the dang slow North.
From Tomorrow’s conditions already put up:
"There’s no need for FOMO because we saved you some powder—all mountain areas are open, so it won’t be hard to find! (The North Side will have the goods!)"
Stay outta there!
Folks call it Powder Pass for a reason.
I rode North twice last weekend, but did not ride High Peaks. Today, I decided I'd rather take more laps on High Peaks since the snow was really good up there.

Upper steilhag was a hoot!

Brutal drive there and back. Heavy snow on the way home to exit 21 where it transitioned to a misting rain. Took about 3 hours to get to exit 21. I lost count of all the accidents and cars stuck in snow banks.

Lots of deep stashes all over the mountain, although it did get too bumped up for my tastes on several trails by the end of the day. The whole day was great, but one highlight was taking Barkeater to Abenaki to the ski bowl. Abenaki had a few low tide spots but was way less tracked out than Barkeater.

North Side:
Gore.jpg

Last edited:
Back