Gore Mountain Conditions

The issue with keeping the snow report in sync with patrol opening/closing runs is an issue at many resorts. I guess it is not considered a priority, which is frustrating. At my local resort this season my son drove up a couple hours from college to ski a newly cut run that was listed as open but patrol had (correctly in my view) decided to close it for the day. Website never got updated that day.

Today was a great day of skiing. A January day in late March, complete with 1-2 inches of overnight snow, and the cold and wind were not too bad. Everything that was groomed and then topped with the freshies skied great. ROTD Open Pit and Sagamore, though I never got to the Topridge pod.

I can’t understand grooming some trails and not grooming others. Sure, leave some stuff “natural” as long as it’s soft, but the entire mountain has been frozen since Sunday night. Nobody likes skiing frozen lumps and bumps, once they freeze, till them out and start over. For example, groomed Tahawus with the fresh over it was lovely, right next door Sleeping Bear was frozen old lumpy stuff, not much fun. I heard skiers complain about Twister, in the same condition.

The lower parts of the front side are looking pretty sad and thin, except for Wild Air and Arena, which are still buried under the Holeshot Glacier. How far can they push some of that up the mountain?

Cool, I only used the North Chair to get out of Burnt Ridge. I thought about Sleeping Bear but skipped it because that chair cuts my ski time when I have to get to work. Sagamore was definitely my ROTD, Backwoods was nice and the runout was fast so no issue. Topridge eh, same snow as Lies. Groomers went deep for the soft but the big chunks bothered me. As far as WGO said...If you are going to a mountain for one run and it is closed...ski it! If it sucks you know why they closed it. We did it one day at Wildcat and was paid off with a great run. I almost did Chati today but I knew it wasn't going to be soft...skiing is weather dependent. Groomers do the best they can with what we have to work with. MADman...Your first line was enough. It was a nice day of skiing...racer/cruisers loved it more than bumper/treers. Should see some accumulating snow tonight thru the weekend. Thank you Gore Groomers we are still skiing some pretty nice stuff, cue my signature...

Has anyone been at gore this past week taken a peek into the glades? looking at sat pow day, Are the upper mountain trees in play if this storm drops a foot??

Weather channel says 3-5 for North Creek Saturday, Gore website says 6-18”, where are they getting their estimates from? Any insights?

Weather channel says 3-5 for North Creek Saturday, Gore website says 6-18”, where are they getting their estimates from? Any insights?
NWS is showing about a foot for the summit of Gore for Saturday. 8 or so at the gondi base. It wouldn't surprise me for 3-5 for North Creek. This is going to be an elevation dependent storm.

NWS is showing about a foot for the summit of Gore for Saturday. 8 or so at the gondi base. It wouldn't surprise me for 3-5 for North Creek. This is going to be an elevation dependent storm.
That's pretty much exactly what I was gonna say. If I saw 5 in town, I'd expect a foot on the hill.

Back