Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore skied well this morning. The heavy cream cheese filled in the nooks and crannies and the snow was groomed in nicely.

Did it look like it snowed all the way to the base? How much was at the top of Bear?

Did it look like it snowed all the way to the base? How much was at the top of Bear?
Yes. Snowed to the base.... I'd say 1.5" at Peaceful Valley. 2" at the Lodge. 3" at top of Bear. Extremely dense, thick, heavy snow, perfect for base building. Took 5 laps, then left early this morning, just as it was warming and getting a little sticky. Until then, skied fast and fine.

You want a Lodge and Bathrooms on Bear? What are you, crazy? There was already an unheated shack and outhouses at the top of Gore! The Bear Mtn plans Snowloco was talking about were just for grins. ;)

It only took ORDA 7 years to cut Ruby Run (2006) so green skiers could relax while riding the gondola that was installed in 1999. ORDA must have felt they did not have to serve green skiers off the gondola (see WF and Belleayre gondolas). The original Foxlair was so scary ORDA regraded it and widened it about 2 years after it opened. My parents were intermediate skiers and that trail was a nightmare for them. My oldest hated that trail when he was little all while being able to enjoy Hawkeye and Chatiemac at the top.

Imagine the traffic on Foxlair back in those days with a narrower and steeper Foxlair (sheet of ice by 10am from the traffic) and no Ruby Run. Yikes.
Classic ORDA.
I drink too much tea in the morning and my bladder usually needs a break before we can get to Straight Brook lodge :ROFLMAO:

I drink too much tea in the morning and my bladder usually needs a break before we can get to Straight Brook lodge :ROFLMAO:
When ya gotta go ya gotta go.
1701725492439.png

Looking significantly better from what it looked like just yesterday (based on webcams). Sounds like more terrain this weekend!

I'm selfishly hoping they open up some of that promised easier terrain Friday. Fingers-crossed.
Saturday looks okay but I'm an hour south and our forecast is for a 60 degrees day on Sunday!
Speaking of 'easier' which trail off Sunway would get me down to Gondola easiest?
Quicksilver or 3b ? So far no Pete's Paradise, although they having been making snow.

Speaking of 'easier' which trail off Sunway would get me down to Gondola easiest?
Quicksilver or 3b ? So far no Pete's Paradise, although they having been making snow.
Sunway to 3B is more gradual then Sunway to Quicksilver.

I would also think Pete's would get blown first, but I'm sure there is a reason.

Back