Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore Mt, boasting the biggest horizontal in the East! :cool: 😂 :ROFLMAO:

I have to admit I wondered if it would carry beginners who just got off a lift. But it must right?

I usually ski that section in a tuck, or skate it. Maybe that's just the bottom, I can't totally remember.

I think they may have regraded it back when they "created" Pete's Paradise, but I ski that section of Sunway about as often as I ski Echo.

I keep checking the base area webcam to see if the snow guns are getting moved into position, but nothing. Temps don't seem like they will be cooperating leading into Thanksgiving weekend.. On a positive note lift tickets are on sale for Nov 24, so perhaps there is still some optimism.

Hey Gore crew, this is my first year with the full SKI3. My plan is to book a place to stay for 2 or 3 weekends up that way, thinking February, March timeframe. If you had to pick the best weekends to be up there from a conditions standpoint what would be the recommendations? Lodging recommendations are also appreciated.

Over the last 3-4 years since I have had a ski3 my best days have always been late Feb into mid march. But who knows, one year, many years ago I was up at Gore over Presidents week in Feb and it was 70 at the base!!!!

Lodging can be sparse, there is the Alpine Lodge in North Creek and the Pheonix Inn. Alpine Lodge was just redone and always looks to be filled with people, even in off season. Neither of which I know much about though. The Summit At Gore is a condo community that is very close to the access road and you can book right on their website. I stayed there for an entire season once, can't beat the location and ease of booking. I think the pricing has gotten a little high for the area.

Hey Gore crew, this is my first year with the full SKI3. My plan is to book a place to stay for 2 or 3 weekends up that way, thinking February, March timeframe. If you had to pick the best weekends to be up there from a conditions standpoint what would be the recommendations? Lodging recommendations are also appreciated.
First 3 Weekends in March are your best bet.

Black Mountain Inn & Ed’s Beds are my suggestions for lodging.

Not if you are going fast enough
Fast grass at the tippy top today.
1699458263868.png

Back