Gore Mountain Conditions

"We are excited to announce that we have made snow on Ruby Run, Showcase, Tahawus, and The Arena. The new season is right around the corner! Keep your eyes open for some opening details, Are you ready for snow?"

Yup. Just gotta take the clubs outta the car tomorrow or Friday.

Gore took down ticket sales for the day after thanksgiving. It looks like it will be the last ORDA mountain to open this year.
Also they are still opening thanksgiving weekend, which is disrespectful to anyone who has to spend that weekend with elderly relatives in Florida.

mm

Gore took down ticket sales for the day after thanksgiving. It looks like it will be the last ORDA mountain to open this year.
Pratt retired. He knew Gore.
There’s still a week to go. It’s gonna be cold too before Thanksgiving Day.
1700184283677.png

Pratt retired. He knew Gore.
There’s still a week to go. It’s gonna be cold too before Thanksgiving Day.
View attachment 21668
I think they get open by Black Friday. That forecast is for North Creek and it'll be at least a degree or two colder at the main base. With those temps they should be able to blow quite a bit after the front comes through tonight. They can definitely blow higher up.

I think they get open by Black Friday. That forecast is for North Creek and it'll be at least a degree or two colder at the main base. With those temps they should be able to blow quite a bit after the front comes through tonight. They can definitely blow higher up.
There’s little ❄️ whales blowing up.👍
1700578927945.png

Still not selling tickets for Friday...yet.
Belle and WF are selling em.

Saturday is the day…. Looking forward to it. The question becomes…why not the traditional black Friday start? Kids out of school. Something fun to do. Too much random unfinished construction is my guess of the hold up.

Saturday is the day…. Looking forward to it. The question becomes…why not the traditional black Friday start? Kids out of school. Something fun to do. Too much random unfinished construction is my guess of the hold up.
Not enough staff?

My guess is they want the extra snowmaking hours. The bottom looks very thin still.

Despite the late opening, they will have what I believe is the most snowmaking terrain ever available on opening day. The trails are Ruby, Tahawus, Showcase, Upper Sleighride, 2B, and The Arena. Lifts will be AE2, North Quad, and Gondola.

Three lifts is pretty solid. It could be a bit crowded, but I still think it's a good move.

Back