Gore Mountain Conditions

Awesome spring day today. Almost everything fully softened up into perfect corn snow. I started with the front side, then went to Burnt Ridge, having lunch after that. After lunch, I took some laps on Topridge, then went to the summit, working my way through all the main trails. After that, I took Topridge up, then down Ruby and Tahawus, which was surprisingly good and worth a repeat. After that was 2 more runs on the front side to end the day.

Pictures below:

View attachment 19764

View attachment 19765

View attachment 19766

View attachment 19767

View attachment 19768

View attachment 19769

View attachment 19771

View attachment 19770

View attachment 19772

View attachment 19773

View attachment 19774

View attachment 19775

View attachment 19776

View attachment 19777

View attachment 19778

View attachment 19779

View attachment 19780

Unfortunately it appears that today was the last day for Burnt Ridge, which is really disappointing because the skiing there was just so good. While Sagmore wasn't open when I was down there, Echo and Backwoods were phenomenal.

If Gore pushes the season like they did last year, then I think the three lifts will be the Adirondack Express, North Quad, and High Peaks, as trails off of them had the deepest and most consistent coverage.
That waterfall off Burnt has become one of my favorite spots on the mountain. Not sure how I never really noticed it until this year.

Because that trail used to have no snowmaking and was never open this late in the season. Once the waterfall became visible, the trail had already melted out and was closed.

I think today was my last day of what turned into an excellent season, started out slow but really came on strong in March and April. Still so much snow, hopefully we still get updates through May. Rumor and Lies were tons of fun today. I have a feeling the mountain will end up closing this year well before the snow is all gone. Thank you Gore for a great season!

Good day at Gore today but it got wet and sticky even earlier than yesterday. Based on the weather forecast they’ll have a hard time opening Saturday. Not bad for mid April but it’s fading fast. I’m not going back until it’s cold enough to make snow.

mm

Back