Gore Mountain Conditions

Sorry to be the bearor of shitty news, but the word is they will not be making snow on the LS this year, and they will be moving the sign back to the original trail (why? because it's obviously easier to move the sign than to make snow

I got on Backwoods for the first time on Wednesday. Like a big, long Tahawus, which is not a bad thing, but it’s not worth the price of tearing the heart out of Barkeater glade.
At least we can ski it more than a couple of days a year. I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised if they drop another trail in within the next couple of years.

At least we can ski it more than a couple of days a year. I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised if they drop another trail in within the next couple of years.
At the current pace of adding approved trails on BR, that new trail will be here 2037.

At the current pace of adding approved trails on BR, that new trail will be here 2037.
The P in UMP gets old for some reasons.
Whatever happened to just going back to the drawing board?
Gore's UMP & EIS snowmaking capacity documents didn’t seem to discuss making Mt Gondolas and/or other piles on The Wild Air.

I was there today. A bit weird early. 2 inches of powder in spots on fox lair (wind blown) then down to the groomer marks20 yards away. The powder actually seemed a bit sticky, likely due to warm wax and cold temps. But conditions were good. Wind wasn’t bad early but picked up and it got pretty cold. Its going to be rough tomorrow morning.

Tom

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 6.09.37 PM.png

Back