Gore Mountain Conditions

It didn't seem that crowded today, but everyone who was there was there early. Access road red snake at 8:05 and had to park in Lot E at 8:15.

View attachment 17793

No further pictures unfortunately I left my phone in the car by accident and didn't want to walk back to Lot E to go get it.

I was with my friend and we were both on snowboards. Conditions were really good all over. We mostly rode Burnt Ridge in the morning and the summit in the afternoon. It snowed 2 inches at the top in the afternoon, but rained at the base.

Biggest disappointment of the day was the hassle to redeem my passholder buddy ticket for my friend. I got to the front of the ticket line, and had to leave the line because I didn't know my friend's date of birth off the top of my head. Seriously? Since when do I need to provide a birthday to redeem a buddy ticket? Then we got to the front of the line again and they didn't even ask for it. At Killington its super easy to redeem buddy tickets online. At Gore it's an outdoor DMV.
Just make up a date? lol

Finally after pouring resources into the WUG at the expense of the rest of the mountain, Gore got the Burnt Ridge pod open last week, including the long and greatly hyped Backwoods trail. So today Burnt Ridge chair isn’t running, and tomorrow’s snow report, just posted, says it’s closed again! Why bother to create something that’s only potentially open for a midseason of a few weeks that’s constantly getting shorter?
Field of Dreams Corollary 1A: If you build it, lock it up.

Finally after pouring resources into the WUG at the expense of the rest of the mountain, Gore got the Burnt Ridge pod open last week, including the long and greatly hyped Backwoods trail. So today Burnt Ridge chair isn’t running, and tomorrow’s snow report, just posted, says it’s closed again! Why bother to create something that’s only potentially open for a midseason of a few weeks that’s constantly getting shorter?
Field of Dreams Corollary 1A: If you build it, lock it up.
It only took 14 years, but the new Burnt Ridge trail finally opens last weekend in Jan- check
Fancy HSQ - check
Mid week visit? No Burnt Ridge for you.
SOP since 2008.

Last edited:
Gore was really nice today. The cord, especially up top, was rippable.

It seemed like the bottom maybe 400 feet of the mountain warmed up and refroze. The rest was deluxe. Trees best up high.

Steilhang to Steilhang FTW.

Great to ski with Suds and Rachel and Duck!

gondola - 1.jpeg

topridge-triple - 1.jpeg

suds - 1.jpeg

@SudsNBumps

duck - 1.jpeg

@Duck

I have a black jacket that doesn’t get much use. Should I bust it out next time I go to Gore or is there a formal initiation process?

Back