Gore Mountain Conditions

Conditions were great all over. Never seen it that crowded. We arrived at 8:30 and were in traffic back to 28. I heard it was backed up to the Stewart’s. My friend arrived at 8 and said it was already backing up. Lift lines were longer than usual but I thought they moved quickly. They were doing a great job of not leaving empty seats on chairs.
You mean I can’t have my private chair?

It didn't seem that crowded today, but everyone who was there was there early. Access road red snake at 8:05 and had to park in Lot E at 8:15.

20230129_080547.jpg

No further pictures unfortunately I left my phone in the car by accident and didn't want to walk back to Lot E to go get it.

I was with my friend and we were both on snowboards. Conditions were really good all over. We mostly rode Burnt Ridge in the morning and the summit in the afternoon. It snowed 2 inches at the top in the afternoon, but rained at the base.

Biggest disappointment of the day was the hassle to redeem my passholder buddy ticket for my friend. I got to the front of the ticket line, and had to leave the line because I didn't know my friend's date of birth off the top of my head. Seriously? Since when do I need to provide a birthday to redeem a buddy ticket? Then we got to the front of the line again and they didn't even ask for it. At Killington its super easy to redeem buddy tickets online. At Gore it's an outdoor DMV.

Great day. Double Barrel and Upper Darby opened. I skiied both multiple times. I think that says enough.

Everything skiing well. Especially under the Straightbrook chair where some nice bumps are forming although some grass poking through.

Was snowing pretty good up top all day. Base spitting flurries and snow turned cream cheesey but no immature snow at least when I left at 2.

You could have made up a date, Sno- glad to hear the snow was good though
Yeah I should've done that. It doesn't say anywhere on the website that you need your friend's date of birth to redeem a buddy ticket, so I was completely blindsided and didn't know what to do.

My main point was that Gore should allow one to redeem buddy tickets online like Killington does.

Yeah I should've done that. It doesn't say anywhere on the website that you need your friend's date of birth to redeem a buddy ticket, so I was completely blindsided and didn't know what to do.

My main point was that Gore should allow one to redeem buddy tickets online like Killington does.
They likely need a date for bookkeeping. Adult tickets cost more than junior and senior, accounting probably need to know the value of the ticket they are comping.

They likely need a date for bookkeeping. Adult tickets cost more than junior and senior, accounting probably need to know the value of the ticket they are comping.
But they don't tell you that beforehand so it's a gotcha moment when you arrive. They should really just allow you to redeem online.

Also, shoutout to the most annoying gondola seatmates I've ever had to deal with. My friend and I loaded from the group line, and since it was busy, 4 people (one guy and 3 women) joined from the singles line, who all happened to be together. That's fine. On a busy day you can expect to ride with other people. While the 3 women were only mildly boisterous (and drunk as skunks), the guy was a total asshole. He was angry that my friend and I didn't want him to hotbox the cabin (we don't smoke), and bitched and complained about it the entire way. I've never heard anyone talk about drugs so much. Worst part is they claimed to all be Gore employees.

• Haha
Reactions: MC2
Back