Going Under the Knife

Glad to hear no blood clots, Warp. Surprised: the latest flooding doesn't seem to have made the news outside VT.
It was weird it centered in The Northeast Kingdom sector of Vt .St Johnsbury was particularly hard hit and Lyndon was also hard hit this is near Burke Mtn Ski area

Ugh just heard I have to undergo a 4th plasma phoresis and a first ever blood transfusion wait for the data so now tomorrow is the earliest discharge

But they want to make certain a particular hemoglobin count is beyond the minimum acceptable range . It would be hell to have to come back her in a couple of days if the data regressed.

So if all goes well maybe tomorrow then the twice weekly blood draws for this until I come back in a month for special chemo

They're doing the Right stuff but the roller coaster ride is tuff but I remain in good spirits and have a great relationship and respect for the staff at UVM they ARE exceptional and the CC is on the cutting edge of this particular cancer which affects only 1 in 250,000 people
Ya were hitting it ~220yds and shot 39 🏌️‍♂️⛳ ~3 weeks ago.
Hang in there Warp.🙏
Toldja long ago I am a weirdo : ) dayum ; )
I’d give ya some my blood but it might make ya weider & help yer putting.

Ya were hitting it ~220yds and shot 39 🏌️‍♂️⛳ ~3 weeks ago.
Hang in there Warp.🙏

I’d give ya some my blood but it might make ya weider.
The good news is I CAN still play but have to go for Blood workups Mondays and Thursday for 4 weeks then back to UVM for 2 specialized chemo treatments .

Then go thru same cycle again for another month and return to UVM for another round of chemo But with a newly added chemical .

if it titrates well they give the "formula, " to my local hospital

Fingers crossed.

But happy that I can still play just use cart ,play 9 and don't get over tired

Last edited:
I am going in for meniscus surgery next Wednesday, August 14. I caught my toe on a chair at work in the first week of April. I thought it was getting better, but really it wasn't. I then caught my toe on a sheet getting out of bed a month later and went pretty much non-weight bearing and ended up at urgent care. I have a flipped bucket handle tear. It actually has improved so that I can run again. Until I try something that sets me back. Inside pressure on the right leg just not good. So, off I go into uncharted territory. They may repair it or remove the shred that's under my knee. I should be ok for skiing.

I am going in for meniscus surgery next Wednesday, August 14. I caught my toe on a chair at work in the first week of April. I thought it was getting better, but really it wasn't. I then caught my toe on a sheet getting out of bed a month later and went pretty much non-weight bearing and ended up at urgent care. I have a flipped bucket handle tear. It actually has improved so that I can run again. Until I try something that sets me back. Inside pressure on the right leg just not good. So, off I go into uncharted territory. They may repair it or remove the shred that's under my knee. I should be ok for skiing.
Hope ya heal well Pony.
Played 18 ⛳ without the knee-sleeve Sunday.
No knee pain just a tad stiff sometimes.
Gonna start walking golf again whenever it cools off.

Best of luck with the surgery. Better to get it cleaned out. Then can do PT to get stuff set up for the long term.

Do good, WP. I just had my meniscus cleaned up a few months ago. In a couple weeks you'll feel much better.

Like Marz said, PT is the key.

Here's to a speedy recovery 🍻

Best wishes on the surgery. Second @MarzNC regarding PT. The PT doesn't stop when the therapist cuts you loose. If I didn't do all my PT exercises in the gym, I wouldn't be able to move.

Back