Global Weirding

Thanks, that Answers another question I had. I drove from Tucson 2,600’ up to Mount Lemmon 9,157’ “Southern most ski area in the US ”. Up top there were a number of burnt trees on the ground with green mature trees all around.

Ponderosas seem to thrive between 6-9K ft Funny how East Coast’s treeline is 5k ish ft ?

@raisingarizona Saw the fire season is starting early in Arizona.
Hope y’all are OK.
Snow-mud season are hanging on here for a bit.
Thanks tirolski, we are all good. It started on the other side of town and the winds pushed it north and away from Flagstaff.

This whole dang city could go up at some point.

The mega drought continues…..

Fire is a part of the western ecosystem no doubt but what is occurring recently isn’t exactly natural.

Things are changing.

Fire is a part of the western ecosystem no doubt but what is occurring recently isn’t exactly natural.

Things are changing.
Is this part of the change too?
I was driving around Flagstaff and saw a “Road may flood” sign. A few blocks later there were even taller sandbags.

Attachments

• D3F5EB0E-D60D-405F-8093-7170CC50D630.jpeg
    D3F5EB0E-D60D-405F-8093-7170CC50D630.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 54
The Haudenosaunee around here used to clear brush by “controlled” burning and then planted the 3 sisters (corn, beans & squash).
Everyday on Earth is Earth Day.

Is this part of the change too?
I was driving around Flagstaff and saw a “Road may flood” sign. A few blocks later there were even taller sandbags.
Unfortunately yeah. That’s for post Museum fire flood mitigation. Some of those streets had 3 to 4 feet deep of fast moving water going down them last Monsoon season.

The storms are fewer and farther between but they have been increasing in intensity over the last 20 or so years. So longer periods of dry, higher winds and sporadic heavy precipitation basically equals a giant shit sandwich for the desert south west and the west in general.

I should add that the population growth here is also an ingredient in the shit sandwich. Too many humans doing dumb shit and whatever else comes with having em all over the place. A simple fender bender or a chain dragging behind a truck is enough to ignite catastrophic wild fires.

Things are getting seriously fucky folks.

Wow. These fires started from a FS prescribed burn op. Not good. Someone must be sitting in a very hot seat right now.

Back