Football

After living the first half of my life in Jerz I always had the Jets or Giants to root for and used to call them the Jerzey Jets or Giants. The Lions never did crap since I moved here in ‘91.
Just starting to enjoy Lions finally.
Rootin for Josh and the Bills and the Lions in the SB but I’ve felt so bad for Kelly’s Bills that I’d be happy w either team.
Finally got my satellite cleared off, lake effect has been brutal.
IMG_5954.jpeg

The Lions never did crap since I moved here in ‘91.
Just starting to enjoy Lions finally.
Rootin for Josh and the Bills and the Lions in the SB but I’ve felt so bad for Kelly’s Bills that I’d be happy w either team.
Michigan already won the CFP vs. Bama which was nice.
Detroit’s won several NFL championships but never been to the Super Bowl
Lions vs. Bills would be cool.
One game at a time.

Yea the extra yardage on PAT’S is no gimme either for the millionaire place kickers. I was an old straight place kicker back in HS, loved it. Had a little black tee and a great center and holder. Missed one PAT the whole year. 1976 man those were the days.

Now for many lustrums I wish they would raise the basket just 6” to distinguish all the Spudd Webbs. Heck the 12-13 yr olds are aready in Phi Slamma Jamma. Then I might start watching the NBA again.

Agree with the notion of straight style kicking .
ue

True story : soccer style became popular when the Gogolaks came in to prominence.

Both Pete and Charlie played for my ole ski buddy "Plimps " Here at Ogdensburg Free Academy, and that's when it all got started.

Their dad came over from Hungary during the 1956 revolution, he was a shrink at local Pscyh Center and Plimps needed a place kicker to round out his squad so had Pete try it . The rest is legend both Gogos played in NFL

Agree with the notion of straight style kicking .
True story : soccer style became popular when the Gogolaks came in to prominence.
Both Pete and Charlie played for my ole ski buddy "Plimps " Here at Ogdensburg Free Academy, and that's when it all got started.
Their dad came over from Hungary during the 1956 revolution, he was a shrink at local Pscyh Center and Plimps needed a place kicker to round out his squad so had Pete try it . The rest is legend both Gogos played in NFL
In the '60s when we lived in Ossining we’d run cross-country then watch the football players practice who had a soccer style kicker named Harry Klebanoff. He later kicked for Yale. He’s a psychologist too. I guess it goes hand in hand if yer a kicker.

Warp you’re the best man.
Yeah, I remember those go-go lax when I was a kid. Of course you were probably a teen or thereabouts. I remember Garo Yopremian of the Dolphins. The guy couldn’t punt or pass but generally he could kick but that was early 70s even further back I remember Jim Turner straight up on kicker I believe he had a 61 yarder back in the 60s. That quarterback for the Raiders pre Stabler did some kicking too if I’m not mistaken.

Well now I guess I’m rooting for the Lions and ravens. Well I don’t know overall I’m not a big Harbaugh fan both brothers because Jim will probably go over the money as like everybody else. But on the other hand because I have been to candlestick Park back in 1970 as a 11 year old with my dad and watched Willie Mays and the boys, I guess I can go for the Niners too if they get by the lions, which will most likely take place.

Back