Football

I truly feel bad for those kids. All they did was win. FKN NCAA is all about the $ -- F them! They've set a new all-time low.
With college kids gettin paid for playin ya might need a GM to keep track.
The $how must go on.
College kids getting paid for the $how causes problems for others...
The NCAA NIL shitshow is like herding cats.

Tennessee AG on the phone:
“It’s like the Wild West with arbitrary enforcement."

We’re midway between The Bowl games and March Madness so folks gotta BS about something.

Last edited:
OK I'm gonna duck and run for cover
..Incoming

Fwiw ,IMHO D 1has morphed tremendously over the decades and IS a bidness that has made its coin on the backs of At Best INDENTURED SERVANTS.

I wish it was "purest " but that pipe dream 😔 is long over.

Schools make YOOGE coin,coaches make Yooge coin and those who perform get detritus comparatively.

The entire D1 is guilty of this bs so it's not unusual 🙄 the players get some largesse

This is why I personally enjoy D2 D3 level

Have at it ...I'm ducking

OK I'm gonna duck and run for cover
..Incoming

Fwiw ,IMHO D 1has morphed tremendously over the decades and IS a bidness that has made its coin on the backs of At Best INDENTURED SERVANTS.

I wish it was "purest " but that pipe dream 😔 is long over.

Schools make YOOGE coin,coaches make Yooge coin and those who perform get detritus comparatively.

The entire D1 is guilty of this bs so it's not unusual 🙄 the players get some largesse

This is why I personally enjoy D2 D3 level

Have at it ...I'm ducking
Don’t duck Warp. Yer not wrong.
Ya’ve said ya’ve been in it as an athlete & administrator.
Experiences are worth something. Opinions not so much unless yer a judge.

Working at Ole Miss they picked a faculty and/or staff member to hang with the team for a weekend. Got picked to go to the Tulane night game in Jackson via bus. Ate Friday night with the coaches/players then got on the bus for a few hr ride south. Similar dining arrangements for breffus & lunch. Those folks eat well & healthy.

Saw "An Officer & a Gentleman” with the team.
Then we kicked the shit outta the Greenwave on a cold night game where ya could see yer breath. The Rebel’s QB got hot.
Kent Austin later coached Cornell’s Big Red football.

During the trip I hung with the dude who was the team’s academic coordinator. One of the questions I asked was, how many hours do the players put in per year to make sure they’re ready to play? “Summer workouts... the whole 9 yards.” He replied with his best estimate for the average player. Told him that’s not even minimum wage and doesn’t account for potential lifelong handicaps due to injury. He agreed.

All the while the folks behind the $how make bank.

Last edited:
Don’t duck Warp. Yer not wrong.
Ya’ve said ya’ve been in it as an athlete & administrator.
Experiences are worth something. Opinions not so much.

Working at Ole Miss they picked a faculty and/or staff member to hang with the team for a weekend. Got picked to go to the Tulane night game in Jackson via bus. Ate Friday night with the coaches/players then got on the bus for a few hr ride south. Similar dining arrangements for breffus & lunch. Those folks eat well & healthy.

Saw "An Officer & a Gentleman” with the team then we kicked the shit outta the Greenwave on a cold night game where ya could see yer breath. The Rebel’s QB got hot.
Kent Austin later coached Cornell’s Big Red football.

During the trip I hung with the dude who was the team’s academic coordinator. One of the questions I asked was, how many hours do the players put in per year to make sure they’re ready to play? “Summer workouts... the whole 9 yards.” He replied with his best estimate for the average player. Told him that’s not even minimum wage and doesn’t account for potential lifelong handicaps due to injury. He agreed.

All the while the folks behind the $how make bank.
yep when I coached college hoops we did it pro Bono no salary I had my salary from the full-time job at the college then which was a whopping 7.2 k in the mid sixties 😀😃

But I was just outta college loved the game and working with kids at JUCO level...different times different motivations

Dang good Super Bowl!
We clicked it over after the golf was over & didn’t miss much of the early stuff. SB went to OT & so did the Wasted Open.

Taylor Swift made 3 birds on the last 4 holes then 2 more back to back in the 2 playoff holes to beat 47year old Hoffman who was in the clubhouse with a 3 shot lead...
Sorry Charlie.

Watched a close well played SB. Kicks were critical.
SF won both coin tosses but elected to receive in OT. WTF?
Andy Reid is worth more than his weight in Nevada’s gold.

Cuse just hired one of the best recruiters in college football currently as head coach.
Might’ve saved some $, leaving more $ to help players.
Fran recruits great recruiters too.
Spring 🏈Game after Lax 🥍 vs The 'Hoos at The Dome Saturday night.
Cuse football is gonna be excellent again.

No more ex cuse’s
No excuses but a lot of ex-Cuse players are helping.

Packman Packer, "How ya feeling before the spring game...?"
Fran, “I’m doin good. If I was any better I’d be you."

Lady, "Is there gonna be a hot dog eating contest like we saw at Ole Miss?"
Fran, "Nah we don’t eat glizzys around here. We don’t do all that. There’s no bitin on no glizzys. We stay away from that."

Kiffin had brought in dang Joey Chestnut to compete with some lineman as part of the Rebels' Spring “game” activities.

Back