Fall Weather 2022

Anyone care to guess where I saw snow yesterday? Hint . . . southwest of Washington DC.

I-77 snow 18Oct2022 - 1.jpeg

Massanutten?

Quite the frost. Yesterday's map was even more widespread.
US.png

Massanutten?
Nope. I was driving back from Chicago with my daughter after visiting family. We were on I-77 in southern West Virginia. According to the car, it was 35 degrees at highway level. Only lasted for a few miles in a couple spots. We were pretty close to Winterplace, which is on the Indy Pass.

Apparently snowed a little in the Canaan Valley on Oct. 18 too.

Snowshoe is getting snow this week. Quite a few pictures on their Facebook page.

@snoloco how many day of snowmaking does Killy need to get Superstar ready?

how many day of snowmaking does Killy need to get Superstar ready?
For the snow itself, I think the go/no go decision from FIS is the Thursday before the race, so that would shorten the snowmaking window a bit. I don't think they have the snow factory (ability to make snow above freezing) like Mt. Van Ho does.

@snoloco how many day of snowmaking does Killy need to get Superstar ready?
Snow control is 10 days before the event, but they don't have to be 100% ready by then. As long as the FIS thinks they can make it given the weather forecast, then it's a go. That being said, if they're not open by November 11th, then they're screwed.

Snow control is 10 days before the event, but they don't have to be 100% ready by then. As long as the FIS thinks they can make it given the weather forecast, then it's a go. That being said, if they're not open by November 11th, then they're screwed.
Might be a problem
No sustained cold on the horizon.
Kton always seems to find a way

Looks like there ain’t gonna be a whole lot of practice laps if this is accurate.
Up top is usually a bit colder though.
1667223518205.png

Back