F Vail

Hamburger wrote a story about cold $9 hotdogs at Park City among other complaints.
There's an easy solution to that: bring your own everything. I know I do.

Hamburger wrote a story about cold $9 hotdogs at Park City among other complaints.
I'm more surprised the bun was toasted than anything

Speculation: a beating for the skiings biggest (?) company isn't necessary good for skiing. Maybe it is. If you think Vail is cancer then I guess you want them gone, total number of viable ski areas be damned?
That's pretty big speculation Harv! I don't want Vail gone, I want them held accountable! I want management to feel the heat and make them really uncomfortable. They took in a lot of extra money which gave shareholders and executives a great payday, all the while they took the customer's money and delivered poor service. Not sure if anyone is okay with this nor how this could be good for the ski industry.

Maybe localities will look harder at the permits granted. Perhaps grant them to others instead or add conditions before renewal. Operating on federal lands (our land) maybe comes under more scrutiny and forces changes. Maybe Vail needs to make good and issue partial refunds to pass holders for this years debacle. Maybe next year they need to reduce the number of passes sold-- whether it be by increasing Epic pass prices or capping ticket sales or both. Maybe they should limit the number of daily skiers at a given mountain by requiring reservations. Until there's enough pressure exerted on them they'll just keep cashing bonus checks while screwing the customer.

The writing is on the wall. A big monopoly is forming that will squeeze out the little mountains. Once that happens the little guy will be forced to sell or go out of business. As Vail's competition dwindles a new standard of poor service will be the only choice.

Not calling you out, just wondering what to root for.
The part of Vail I feel is a cancer is the monopoly being formed. Vail fattens up their cash position by collecting increased revenue and not delivering. The balance sheet gets stronger and increases their ability to gobble up more mountains or engage in predatory pricing to put other mountains out of business... thus the monster just continues to grow.

The part of Vail I feel is a cancer is the monopoly being formed. Vail fattens up their cash position by collecting increased revenue and not delivering. The balance sheet gets stronger and increases their ability to gobble up more mountains or engage in predatory pricing to put other mountains out of business... thus the monster just continues to grow.

For that^^ cancer is a pretty solid analogy.

If they keep delivering poor service the entire mess will sort itself out. It always does. They will have to practically give away passes and that is not sustainable.

Back