F Vail

Hah, I asked on a different forum about this pic that @Andy_ROC reposted, and it's allegedly from a commercial that's been playing during the Olympics TV coverage? If so, pretty brilliant how someone draped the Epic logo over it.

1644411420795-png.png
my daughter saw one of these adds and deadpan said "Sunway on MLK weekend".....

Does anyone have a real fact about what Vail pays it's snow makers, lifties, and groomers in the North East? I hear all types of rumors,

Hamburger wrote a story about cold $9 hotdogs at Park City among other complaints.
I’m not a fan of Vail and I find it kind of funny when people bitch about them, but why is this guy crying about his mid mountain hotdog? Did he really expect a different result? What is the city council supposed to do about it? Pass a hot wiener law? Get real.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of Vail and I find it kind of funny when people bitch about them, but why is this guy crying about his mid mountain hotdog? Did he really expect a different result? What is the city council supposed to do about it? Pass a hot wiener law? Get real.
The hotdog symbolizes the endemic of incompetence sweeping VR leadership and operations. I actually think the hotdog is a funny euphemism.

Vail takes customer money and does not provide a decent product/service in return. Overall Vail is failing its customers and the communities in which they operate. It's incompetence and GREED that they didn't think through the consequences of selling 76% more passes nor have an operational plan to deal with it. The labor shortage has become a scapegoat. They know they are short on labor so modify operations--- simplify the menu, don't serve hot foods etc. Town council is only the start. VR will hopefully get beat up pretty good at the state, federal and courts.

Speculation: a beating for the skiings biggest (?) company isn't necessary good for skiing. Maybe it is. If you think Vail is cancer then I guess you want them gone, total number of viable ski areas be damned?

Maybe worth considering since Toggenburg was done in by its fellow indies. Of course Vail has curtailed operations at some of its smaller acquisitions. Do we think they won’t axe them completely if they perceive that to be in their interest?

Yea. Somehow I think we are just bystanders. I guess we can do our part by investing in the Indies.

I still think fixed grip chairs are the solution. They should all be Hall's too.

Back