F Vail

Epic Pass sales are up 47%. Epic does have a big hole around Montreal and Toronto. If Jay does not work, there are boatloads of day areas plus the larger Eastern Townships areas that would allow them to fill in their Canadian map. This is another reason why Hidden Valley in WNY would be a huge purchase.

Skied Hunter first 7 days they were open (only skied mornings over Thanksgiving).Skied last two days also....seems less crowded than early season last year. Being able to run lifts at full capacity helps ... taking that into account still seems less busy.

All I heard about Jay is that it is "not the usual suspects" and that a couple people who thought they put in high bids were actually outbid so I took that to mean not Vail but could definitely be wrong - I hope I am anyway

I just hope Jay gets sold soon. It's ridiculous that it's coming up on 6 years in receivership. They need to replace the Bonaventure lift and upgrade snowmaking, but there have been zero capital improvements while in receivership.

Screenshot_20211211-173827_Twitter.jpg

oof do they get double time for Christmas/Christmas Eve/New Years/New Years eve or is it just the $200 bonus

Reactions: MC2
A few years ago I had a chance to ski a few places with different ownership styles in one season. We had SKI3 passes so we skied Whiteface, Gore and Belle. We were members at Greylock. We skied Platty and Magic. I took a trip to ski Big Sky and was invited to the Yellowstone Club. I really enjoyed all of my experiences and the variety it offered. The combination of government, small private, corporate and member club run ski areas was really cool to see. I think choices are good. Do I have things to bitch about? Sure. Am I allowed? I would hope so. Whiteface couldn’t get their lifts open. Gore was cold as fuck. Big Sky was crazy expensive. The outhouse at Greylock was super smelly and the Yellowstone Club is mad creepy. Did I have an awesome time? Absolutely!
Article has over 3200 comments in a couple days. It’s in Ontario Canada.
Private ski club runs big surplus, buys new snow-making gear, largely thanks to federal COVID relief

Back