F Vail

The whole point of the price drop was to retain passholders. Many were disappointed with being shut out of resorts on certain days by the reservation system, and with other issues this season. The goal is also to convert as many people to passes as they can. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with limited ticket sales to get people to switch to a pass for FOMO (fear of missing out). It worked this year.

Clearly Wall Street didn't understand the motive, so the stock price is down.

What difference does it make? I thought you could add something more than petty attacks.

I got some unexpected good news from Epic last week. My wife and I had epic passes this year using a moderate credit that we received from them due to the early 19/20 shutdown. With the travel restrictions to Vermont and our unwillingness to travel to Colorado we did not uses it at all this year. We have gore mid week passes and got in a good season there. Anyway, Epic coverage did not cover travel restrictions but Epic is giving us full credit to apply to next years passes.

I got some unexpected good news from Epic last week. My wife and I had epic passes this year using a moderate credit that we received from them due to the early 19/20 shutdown. With the travel restrictions to Vermont and our unwillingness to travel to Colorado we did not uses it at all this year. We have gore mid week passes and got in a good season there. Anyway, Epic coverage did not cover travel restrictions but Epic is giving us full credit to apply to next years passes.
The zero use coverage for destinations affected by travel restrictions was something they added after the fact. It wasn't in the original coverage because I don't think it was something they were anticipating being in place the entire season.

Wall Street, in the end, is smarter than you or me or certainly Rob Katz.

The zero use coverage for destinations affected by travel restrictions was something they added after the fact. It wasn't in the original coverage because I don't think it was something they were anticipating being in place the entire season.
Agree, had a friend who contacted them about this 5-6 weeks ago and they told her that it was not covered and that she could go to Hunter. She ended up going a few times to Vermont (Okemo and Mt Snow) even though it was not “technically” allowed per VT rules.

The original coverage only credited you if there was a resort closure. Their only covid related closure was 3 days at Hunter back in January. I'm not sure if that even triggered a credit because it may be that the closure needs to last a certain period of time. It basically encouraged you to ignore Vermont's travel restrictions and there was never any enforcement to begin with.

And Benny, one thing I've learned about Vail is they are lazer focused on their stock price. So either someone miscalculated the effect of dropping the price, or they expect to make it up in volume, which will improve their revenue. Gotta thing long term.

Does the 20% off from last year's price make anyone reconsider this? I've had to deal with weekend I-70 traffic on the west side of the tunnel and this will make it even worse.

Back