F Vail

To pile on or not to pile on? That is the question.

That article didn't start well when it highlighted a slacker snowboarder who decided to get to the mountain, any mountain, at 9 am on a Saturday morning and expect to find a decent parking space, if any. No sympathy.

That article didn't start well when it highlighted a slacker snowboarder who decided to get to the mountain, any mountain, at 9 am on a Saturday morning and expect to find a decent parking space, if any. No sympathy.
LOL, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to Prospect Mt or Notchview earlier than my friends who are local.

Out here at Targhee parking's usually pretty slim by 8:30 on most weekends, and that's not an epic resort and it's pretty remote. Showing up that late at Stowe is nuts. (from what I remember even at Gore you'd be punted to one of the farther lots if you didn't show until chairs were spinning)

Park City already lists 81” of snow so far and reports a 46” base but not a lift or trail is open.
Whataway to run an airline.

Look like Broomfield gave ‘em the go ahead to open someofit next Wednesday.

Interesting. Opening on Nov. 16 means getting a 2-day jump on Alta and Snowbird. Alta changed to Nov. 18 after the first big snowstorm. Snowbird only recently changed from Nov. 30 to Nov. 18. Solitude was the first to open on Nov. 11, with a few hours the day before for passholders. Per usual Brighton waited until the day before that they would open on Nov. 11.

Opening on a Wednesday means Park City staff can get the kinks out before Friday and the weekend.

I would guess opening a couple days early doesn't really make that much difference to locals who have an Epic pass to ski Park City. Most probably aren't the type who want to chase early season powder. in-bounds. Those people ski LCC/BCC, not Park City or Deer Valley.

No sympathy.
The jury had sympathy in this one.

"Herzog’s lawyers asked for a $1 million settlement during closing arguments, but the jury ordered the defendants to pay over double that amount, totaling $2,402,000."

Last edited:
Back