F Vail

What caught my eye:

" . . .
. . . This past season, approximately 72% of all Vail Resorts 2021/2022 North American skier visitation was on a pass product, excluding employee and complimentary visitation, which compares to approximately 60% and approximately 51% for the 2018/2019 and 2014/2015 North American ski seasons, respectively. . . .
. . ."

Were 2018-19 and 2014-15 good snow years in the Rockies? The Peak acquisition was completed in July 2019. The first three midwest areas/resorts (Detroit, Chicago, Minn/St. Paul markets) were bought in 2012.
I'm not sure about 14/15 but 18/19 was huge.

I don't know what ski areas max capacity looks like but we haven't actually hit it yet there other than holiday periods and Snowbowl has plans to expand parking to reach those numbers but I can tell ya this, the busy days are already too much for me to spend it there skiing anymore. It's getting to the point that the activity itself is losing it's overall value and I'd rather be spending my time doing other things.

Could they buy a couple of fixed grips and add some terrain to the periphery of the resort? Spread the crowds out a little?

Like Yogi said, Nobody goes there anymore, it's to crowded..

Could they buy a couple of fixed grips and add some terrain to the periphery of the resort? Spread the crowds out a little?

If the goal is to max out, will that actually help or improve the experience or just make it a bigger resort?

I don't know what ski areas max capacity looks like but we haven't actually hit it yet there other than holiday periods and Snowbowl has plans to expand parking to reach those numbers but I can tell ya this, the busy days are already too much for me to spend it there skiing anymore. It's getting to the point that the activity itself is losing it's overall value and I'd rather be spending my time doing other things.
Yep
I drive by Greek's parking lot and think there's zero chance I'd deal with that. Over it. Been there done that.

The goal would be to give guys like RA an alternative to the main lift shitshow on busy days.
It's surrounded by wilderness area so expanding beyond the current foot print ain't happening. I'm ok doing other things and shit, it's all burning up today anyways. Not Snowbowl but the Peaks are going up huge in this wildfire.

It's a very sad day here in flagstaff. It won't ever be the same.

If I want to ski I'll go to Taos or the SanJuans.

Hey, not trying to be a wise ass, but, if the lift structure survives, doesn't that open up skiable acres?

Back