Enjoy this Thread Responsibly

Don’t laugh, early in college I wasn’t a big drinker. That didn’t last. However, I did drink 7&7s for a while. Yuck.

How about gin and Mountain Dew?
I don’t know but now I want to try it. My gut says to use a tonic glass, float the ice cubes with the gin and top it with a splash of the dew. Does that sound about right? Garnish with a cherry?

gin and wink when i was a kid
I’m not a gin guy....but gin and Mt. Dew does not sound good.

We made our own Daddy Snapples once. Going to a ski jumping competition in Placid in January. It’s like -10 that night. Needed a way to bring drinks with us....hence the infamous Daddy Snapple was born, a gin and tonic in a Snapple bottle. They became slushees in short order....

We were vacationing at our friends cottage on the St. Lawrence. I got beered out one afternoon and was in search of something different. Only booze was gin because that’s what we use in bloodys. Found a can of Dew in the fridge. Tall Tervis tumbler packed with ice. More gin than Dew. You get the caffeine and alcohol buzzes! Fresca or polar half and half also work well.

Vodka & Red Bull’s were big for a while-eventually led to me having to sell (try to sell) caffeinated vodka. That was a dumb idea.

I don’t know but now I want to try it. My gut says to use a tonic glass, float the ice cubes with the gin and top it with a splash of the dew. Does that sound about right? Garnish with a cherry?
I think I’m gonna call this a Gin Gamer

Back