Enjoy this Thread Responsibly

@Brownski you're in the biz, right? Any insight on why Veuve Clicquot isn't available? We haven't been able to get any for love or money.

@Brownski you're in the biz, right? Any insight on why Veuve Clicquot isn't available? We haven't been able to get any for love or money.
I am. Tons of my shit is out of stock too. It seems like the problems are many fold- production bottlenecks, transportation shortages, other logistical Issues. New Zealand can’t get containers to load their wine into, tequila producers can’t get glass and are short staffed. But for some reason, we’re also out of stock on cheap shit that’s made in the Midwest and is the equivalent of alcoholic kool aid. It’s hard to wade through the bullshit. The sales manager answer is to buy something else and tell your customers “this is the top seller in Champagne”. It seems like every suppler that sells Champagne claims theirs sell best there. Some people will believe you.

Tons of my shit is out of stock too. It seems like the problems are many fold- production bottlenecks, transportation shortages, other logistical Issues. New Zealand can’t get containers to load their wine into, tequila producers can’t get glass and are short staffed. But for some reason, we’re also out of stock on cheap shit that’s made in the Midwest and is the equivalent of alcoholic kool aid. It’s hard to wade through the bullshit.
“First the silver run out ..,
then the people run out,
then whisky run out,
then the beer run out...”
Saloon Scene from Outlaw Josie Wales"

Opened the Eagle Rare last night. Far superior to the Buffalo Trace (who makes it).
If you liked that give E.H. Taylor a try. Also from Buffalo Trace distillery and at a similar price point as Eagle Rare…..and very good. Another offering from Buffalo Trace, any of the W.L. Weller bourbons are also very good, but several of them have priced me out. Weller are great wheated bourbons…and probably closest to Pappy I’ll ever get!

I’m sure you must have tried makers 46 or makers cask strength Then. What do you think of them?

I’m sure you must have tried makers 46 or makers cask strength Then. What do you think of them?
Haven’t tried the Cask Strength, but I did see Makers 101 whilst shopping today. I didn’t get it. Makers 46 is better than the standard offering….but I don’t find there’s enough bang for the upgrade buck, not compared to the likes of Eagle Rare/E.H. Taylor (or other bourbons in that $$ range).

My purchases today included the old standby Larceny 1.75L. Hard to find better value than that in any bottle, for a very good wheated bourbon.

I also picked up a bottle of Glenlivit 14 (Cognac Cask). As good as the Glenlivit 15 (French Limousin), and a little cheaper. I’ve come to decide 12 year in anything Scotch is trash. Tell me I’m wrong…and don’t tell me you’ve got this great peaty 12 year Islay. Yuck!

Not usually a flavored whiskey guy but Jameson cold brew is great for really short lift rides…

06CA045C-B32A-48ED-968F-1462DBCE1E32.jpeg

Back