Dog Thread

Lunch time at work. Shop dawg life.

dock shop dawg.jpg

There was a couple inches of new snow so we decided to take Grandma, Mom and the new pup out for a hike in the woods today.
Things went smooth for awhile with 2 folks walking 3 dogs, all on 3 dang leashes.
(We put the pup on a leash eventually as he was just biting his Mom’s for the first mile or so. He just likes to play as of now.)
The adults sniffed some new tracks on the way home near the house and then Grandma pulled a Houdini from her harness.
About 3 hours later with several up and down the drumlins and a grid search we got her back about an hour after dark.
Grandma passed today after a battle with the big C.
She was a great dog and gonna be missed.
Everybody that met her ❤️and she ❤️ them.
Amen. 🙏

No pictures but I am very stoked that Moira returned home on her own after a four-hour jaunt in the woods on a deer scent. I tracked her for about two hours, finally gave up and headed home due to guests arriving, thankful for the compass and map on my phone as I got a bit turned around. No point having a lost dog and a lost husband at the same time. She finally staggered back in the mushy snow, then slept for about 12 hours.

It's a tough call. Bad dog for running off and ignoring the human, good dog for coming home. Need to work more on redirecting for the prey drive.
Any suggestions welcome, though I am not going to buy the Spot-On collar, cool as it is.

Grandma passed today after a battle with the big C.
She was a great dog and gonna be missed.
Everybody that met her ❤️and she ❤️ them.
Amen. 🙏
RIP Grandma

RIP Grandma

Thanks Gzola.
A couple Tuesday’s ago when I got ready to go to Song, the lady who does aqueous cremations called and said her ashes were ready. It’s on a way to the bump. Figured she wouldn’t mind going & being parked next to the bump for a bit with the pretty snow stuck to the trees.

This tune came on in the car when I started it up to go skiing.
I smiled, my tail started waggin and knew she’s still fine.
We’ll put her ashes where she’d like em. We have a pet cemetery with a great big round rock next right next to the hedgerow. It’ll get some.

Last edited:
Thanks Gzola.
A couple Tuesday’s ago when I got ready to go to Song, the lady who does aqueous cremations called and said her ashes were ready. It’s on a way to the bump. Figured she wouldn’t mind going & being parked next to the bump for a bit with the pretty snow stuck to the trees.

This tune came on in the car when I started it up to go skiing.
I smiled, my tail started waggin and knew she’s still fine.
We’ll put her ashes where she’d like em. We have a pet cemetery with a great big round rock next right next to the hedgerow. It’ll get some.
Who performs aqueous cremation in NYS?

Back