Dog Thread

I don't disagree with your approach but it is worth pointing out that every dog is different. Moira, for example, has super-high prey drive. Tonight on our local dog walk, despite scanning the area for deer on the approach, one apparently appeared on the way back when we were playing "fetch the ball" off-leash. She dropped the ball and was gone like a shot, despite my calling. I trekked after her, calling and clapping, then went back to the house for better footwear than Crocs, a bug jacket and the squeeker. An hour later, with me deep in the bush on an ATV trail, she found me, which was great. Returned to the house soaking wet and muddy, and been barfing up pond scum for the last three hours. Good times. The squeeker is key.
Doc is that way too. He's excellent off leash until he sees something he wants to chase down and kill...lol woodchucks are his specialty. If I see the prey first I can distract him and all is good.

Sorry Moira got sick, but I guess that's being part of a silly dog. Glad she's better!
I think Doc and Moira would have a blast together!

20230529_144946.jpg
<---- Under 35 lbs ----- Over 35 lbs---->​

Our county govt does some cool stuff.

The dog park was cheap to build and is used from dawn until dark all year long. Great for dogs to socialize.

View attachment 20341
Our county government does some cool stuff. The dog park was super cheap to build and is used from dawn until dark all year long. Great for dogs to socialize.
Nice looking dog park! Ours consists of a low fence around grassy area with some trees and a lot of mud holes. If they spent as much money on the dog park (used year-round, every day) as they did on the new pickleball courts (used 5 months of the year, though busy every day), it would be much much awesomer.

Back