Coronavirus and Skiing

Here's the latest about mask usage for ABasin as of May 16. Colorado vaccination rate is around 75% for Summit County and at least 60% around Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs. Eagle and Pitkin counties are around 70%, which is where Vail and Aspen are located.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.56.56 PM.png

I think they are releasing numbers for the season today? Guesses?

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.02.32 PM.png

The answer is 59M. Same as 18/19.

In looking at the health and safety rules at various ski resorts heading into summer, I believe the ORDA mountains are the only ones still requiring that vaccinated people wear masks outdoors. It was last updated after the state lifted the mandate, so this is intentional. I think this is absolutely absurd. It's far more restrictive than anything else I've found that is currently in effect. Are they trying to cater to hypochondriacs, or are they simply behind the times?

The answer is 59M. Same as 18/19.
2018-19 was pretty good for snowfall, right? Is there any breakdown available? What would be interesting to see would be by Region and by Size. I think there were smaller ski areas/resorts that did very well with the increased midweek interest. Destination resorts that depend on travelers who fly may have been hit harder, at least in the first couple months of the season. For example Big Sky or Jackson Hole.

Back