Coronavirus and Skiing

For the truly good ones you'll wait at least a year, if not two, to get them. Plus they don't even advertise, it's all word of mouth. My BIL is a builder in the Northville area who specializes in timber homes. He's currently 2 years out. No website, no yellow page add, he used to have a FB page but now he can't even be bothered to do that.
i have good luck with guys who work full time in the commercial construction business. they are hustlers and will work nights and weekends for cash. Sheetrockes, tappers, electricians, hvac, etc. they like cash to support hobbies and what not

For the truly good ones you'll wait at least a year, if not two, to get them. Plus they don't even advertise, it's all word of mouth. My BIL is a builder in the Northville area who specializes in timber homes. He's currently 2 years out. No website, no yellow page add, he used to have a FB page but now he can't even be bothered to do that.
Word of mouth = best advertising...no doub't about it.

i have good luck with guys who work full time in the commercial construction business. they are hustlers and will work nights and weekends for cash. Sheetrockes, tappers, electricians, hvac, etc. they like cash to support hobbies and what not
For sure
The builder I have used for my house got his start in commercial building. He's really something in that there isn't something he doesn't do himself. Hard part is getting on his schedule, he always says, you're on the top of the list just not sure which page you're on.....lol

What the f is a yellow page? Jk ?....I member.

good problem to have. I bet he’s raking it in and pretty stoked to have some fairly long term security

Probably too far for me to use him.

good problem to have. I bet he’s raking it in and pretty stoked to have some fairly long term security

He does pretty good for himself. The guy can build anything, and he does, but he's carved out a niche for himself with timber frames. It's not like he's putting up kits either. Logs get dropped off and then he mills his own timber frames, quite impressive.

Here's is FB page. Hasn't been updated in a couple years but you'll get a sense of what his love is.

I thought you already had a builder you're happy with?

I haven't used him to build anything. He plows for me and had good repeat business, so he is probably decent. He does try to talk me out of things that I want. That could be good or bad, not sure.

Back