Coronavirus and Skiing

Is surveillance testing still a thing? I don’t think my kid’s colleges have been doing it this semester.
Only for the undergrads at Cornell. The grad students are not required. What this means is that they are hanging out in their shared offices, unmasked. Thankfully, I have my own office. I started voluntarily weekly testing a few weeks ago, mostly because at that time, I was going to a yoga class where we didn't have to wear a mask. It was lovely. Last week, however, I wore a mask.

Only for the undergrads at Cornell. The grad students are not required. What this means is that they are hanging out in their shared offices, unmasked. Thankfully, I have my own office. I started voluntarily weekly testing a few weeks ago, mostly because at that time, I was going to a yoga class where we didn't have to wear a mask. It was lovely. Last week, however, I wore a mask.
So, surveillance testing is to blame for Cornell shutting the campus down?

My indoor soccer league now requires a mask to be worn. Uggg.

So, surveillance testing is to blame for Cornell shutting the campus down?

My indoor soccer league now requires a mask to be worn. Uggg.
Cornell is not shut down. I am still here. Exams went online, that's pretty much it, other than student groups can't meet and students can't access the gyms. My coworker went swimming the other day and pretty much had the pool to herself.

Cornell is not shut down. I am still here. Exams went online, that's pretty much it, other than student groups can't meet and students can't access the gyms. My coworker went swimming the other day and pretty much had the pool to herself.
I guess the “Cornell Shuts Down Ithaca Campus” headline was clickbait-y? Students staying on campus then, just no classes, in person finals, activities, fall graduation ceremonies, etc.

I guess it's not possible to have a thread that sticks to the impact of covid on skiing. Lock, or change the name and move to the OT? I have no idea.
Like politics in general. Frankly the virus is politics right now.

I'm giving up trying to inject humor or keep it light...just pisses some off even more.

Good luck Harvey

Like politics in general. Frankly the virus is politics right now.

I'm giving up trying to inject humor or keep it light...just pisses some off even more.

Good luck Harvey
Well the discussion looks pretty civil yesterday and today, so I don't see the harm about discussing data.

What we have(not so much here) is people that will complain about anything. Every protocol becomes drama and an affront on their rights yet they selfishly ignore the rights of others. If a business wants you to wear a mask then do it or not patronize. If wearing a mask helps the employees feel less stressed then do it or don't patronize. If a business wants proof of Vax then show it or don't patronize. The governor is in a no win. Do nothing and she gets blamed as well. I know our local health providers are concerned about hospital capacity and staffing and that should be a caution to all of us. Somehow we forgot to be courteous and empathetic to others.

I guess the “Cornell Shuts Down Ithaca Campus” headline was clickbait-y? Students staying on campus then, just no classes, in person finals, activities, fall graduation ceremonies, etc.
Right. There are still plenty of students on campus. I just passed a few when I was out jogging.

They are not supposed to leave until they have a negative test. That's going to suck for a whole bunch, who have tested positive in the past few days.

Back on topic.
and this.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone getting pissed off?
Harv doesn't need luck, rather have us all be civil about discussing covid.
Agreed. Not wishing for conflict. Just seems to wind up that way in today’s climate. I guess it’s my issue mostly. Mentally and physically I’ve moved on from this virus. I’ve done what I can to be a good citizen. Others have chosen not to. I’m in excellent health and take pride in that; my family as well. Some choose otherwise. The time has come to realize we have made our choices and it’s time we live with those choices. Whatever the outcome because life must go on.

Back