Building a House with Wood

Make sure to put an exhaust fan, light, night light and Bluetooth speaker combo in your bathroom. Music while you shower.

I should have done this. I bought something basic online today.

What make and model do you have?

Two things to point out:

Ceiling has be foam by code, also basement.
Contractor quality/reputation is key

I'm not doing the walls in foam, except the front gable. Rockwool or fiberglass in the walls.

I hope it works out.

I did too. No
I went with the panasonic whisper fans. I bit pricy, but very quiet.

I did too. No bluetooth. How long have you had them? All good?

Attachments

• IMG_1799.png
    IMG_1799.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 16
Please tell me what you know about open cell vs closed cell foam. I can't find any independent sources. Everyone is selling something.

How do you choose which one to use?

Is it just based on price/performance? (Closed is more expensive and better insulating value.)

Also do I need an ERV if I am only doing the roof and one gable?

Please tell me what you know about open cell vs closed cell foam.
Pretty sure home insulation is closed cell. Open cell would be slightly breathable and way too thick to get desired R ratings.

I have totally different climate but have had a fully foam insulation house for 13 years so far. No issues of any kind from the foam and zero issues so far with the 24hr a day fan/vent. Very energy efficient.

do I need an ERV if I am only doing the roof and one gable?
Never run into someone doing only that combo. Generally whole home, or a few using only on the underneath for cabins built raised off the ground...

Might need one depending on blower test as you are using Zip system too, correct? That system is fairly air tight.

24hr a day fan/vent.

ERV or HRV?

People are doing both open and closed cell here. Open significantly cheaper.

Might need one depending on blower test as you are using Zip system too, correct? That system is fairly air tight

Yes Zip and yes there is a blower test in my future.
So you build the whole house and then you have to test and maybe retro ad an ERV?

Back