Building a House with Wood

NY code has a required R factor for walls and ceilings. I forget exactly what the R factor is for each. The R factor is different for new construction verse existing. How you get to that R factor is up to you. Building a home is a process. It is never to early to plan it out. Harv don't forget to run the ceiling speaker wire before the spray foam. you want ass kicking tunes in your new pad..
I thought it was R38 for the ceiling and the walls were good with 2x6 with fiberglass (R19).

I feel like a full foam house would trap humidity. But I don't honestly know.

Where should the speakers go? I was thinking outside :devilish:

I did (4) ceiling speakers in my family room/kitchen with F/R channels, cool for music and semi-surround sound movie viewing. also another channel out to the patio.

My 30 yo receiver shit the bed last year and haven't gotten around to replacing it. My neighbor is probably thrilled since I use a small bluetooth speaker nowdays lol.

We do have the soffit channels.

The foam is required in the ceiling, based on everything you've said, I'm thinking rockwool for the walls.

But I will ask too.
I thought it was R38 for the ceiling and the walls were good with 2x6 with fiberglass (R19).

I feel like a full foam house would trap humidity. But I don't honestly know.

Where should the speakers go? I was thinking outside :devilish:
I built a house but am no expert. I wish I put foam in the walls. I have a lot of customers and we talk. Never have any of them regretted putting foam throughout the entire house.

Yeah I figured someone would notice this. There was a napkin estimate, but it's clearly low.

If there was a old style contract it would have been revised multiple times already. One of the biggest unknowns was the blasting and site prep.

If I fucked up it will be obvious soon enough. I had no other option, if I wanted to use the builder I know and trust.
Your a brave man!!

I did (4) ceiling speakers in my family room/kitchen with F/R channels, cool for music and semi-surround sound movie viewing. also another channel out to the patio.

My 30 yo receiver shit the bed last year and haven't gotten around to replacing it. My neighbor is probably thrilled since I use a small bluetooth speaker nowdays lol.
I the builder wire my house for my stereo. I missed one wire that I needed. Didn't realize it till I went to see things up. I made quite a mess fishing it through.

I built a house but am no expert. I wish I put foam in the walls. I have a lot of customers and we talk. Never have any of them regretted putting foam throughout the entire house.

How long ago is oldest one? How do you eliminate the risk of mold?

Mold is a very common occurence when using spray foam for an entire home. Whole home ventilation systems add costs as well. Also, there isn't a builder in this area, that would risk giving a "price" for a finished home built from scratch. There's way too many variables with weather, material pricing and availability.

8 years maybe little more. They haven't mentioned mold. I can't see how it could mold inside the walls. It's completely filled. Air tight between the 2x6.

Mold is a very common occurence when using spray foam for an entire home. Whole home ventilation systems add costs as well. Also, there isn't a builder in this area, that would risk giving a "price" for a finished home built from scratch. There's way too many variables with weather, material pricing and availability.
that's a common occurrence when they don't foam it properly. But there are problems with any insulation not installed properly.

Back