Neighbor just called and confirmed.
Let’s Go Red.
Let’s Go Orange.
Thanks for the memories Jimmy.

Last edited:
AA has paid his dues !
He is ready and will make the necessary changes

So many thoughts.....
Coach B was the only SU hoops coach in my lifetime. He dedicated his life not only to SU hoops and his players but also the city of Syracuse. He's definitely made the program at SU a standout program, one that is recognized as a college powerhouse nation wide.
I was at the Dome when Earl The Pearl Washington made the half court shot to beat Patrick Ewing and G-town. I'll never forget the sound that Dome made when his shot went in.
One of Coach's biggest strengths was that he got every ounce of talent out of his players. Think of Craig Forth. Coach let Craig know of his expectations and helped him get there. Craig ended up being a dominant bigman for Cuse hoops. He knew his role and played it well.
Think of the walk on (as Coach was) in Lawrence Moten. Lawrence ended up being, and still is, SUs leading all time scorer.
I'll miss Coach B.

So many thoughts.....
Coach B was the only SU hoops coach in my lifetime. He dedicated his life not only to SU hoops and his players but also the city of Syracuse. He's definitely made the program at SU a standout program, one that is recognized as a college powerhouse nation wide.
I was at the Dome when Earl The Pearl Washington made the half court shot to beat Patrick Ewing and G-town. I'll never forget the sound that Dome made when his shot went in.
One of Coach's biggest strengths was that he got every ounce of talent out of his players. Think of Craig Forth. Coach let Craig know of his expectations and helped him get there. Craig ended up being a dominant bigman for Cuse hoops. He knew his role and played it well.
Think of the walk on (as Coach was) in Lawrence Moten. Lawrence ended up being, and still is, SUs leading all time scorer.
I'll miss Coach B.
He was always that small town kid from Lyons.What you see is what you got.

JB was good friends with one of our Development Officer .My buddy played Baseball for SU back in the day and he and JB were tight .

Later my friend ran The Orange Pack the fund raising wing for SU athletics before he moved on to U of R, Which at the time was I think a Top 5 school in endowment .
So Lots of JB stories,but in the end he remained true to his roots and is an Iconic coach

So Lots of JB stories,but in the end he remained true to his roots and is an Iconic coach
My BIL told me yesterday that JB came in the top 10 in The Herald golf tournament back when he was a stick.
Where he grew up in Lyons there’s an excellent golf course nearby. Wayne Hills.
Hope he has fun in retirement.

Back