Buddy B. Draining-em Boeheim

Princeton sticks it to Mizzou, another 15 seed makes Sweet 16
Lov Tourney Time

When Ole Miss beat Cuse in what used to be Carrier Dome in the NIT tournament I wore both an SU Orange & Ole Miss Rebels red sweatshirt. It was the first time ever for a major intercollegiate sporting event between the 2 skools. Mike Hopkins walked off to coach the Washington Huskies the next day.

Asked folks, "What do ya get when Ole Miss beats Syracuse in basketball when it’s the the first time ever playing an intercollegiate sporting event between the 2 skools?"
It’s like when Punxy Phil saw his shadow on Groundhog Day,... six more years Boeheim.
Andy Kennedy was the basketball coach for that Ole Miss team. He was the winningest hoops coach in Ole Miss history.
The next year folks at Ole Miss weren’t gonna extend his contract and he left during the season.

Andy's back now at UAB, his team is 28-9 and playing in the NIT semis after beating Vandy in Nashville.
Sometimes ya can’t fix stupid.

UAB next plays the winner of Cincy and Utah Valley.
UVU has a campus in the Wasatch.

Last edited:
Sure I know Jerry,had a couple friends play for him one is a NNY hs coaching legend Bill Merna
Hey @Warp daddy, have ya watched, “The Bodacious Bears” yet?

"Detailing the history of the SUNY Potsdam (Potsdam State) Bears Basketball program, The Bodacious Bears is set to premiere on November 6, 2022. This team became nationally renowned when their success reached monumental peaks in the 1980's under the leadership of Jerry Welsh and his coaching staff. During that period, the squad achieved incredible feats which still stand as some of the greatest records in basketball history."

Hawk Harrelson and how the batting glove in baseball got “invented."

He was a professional golfer and even gave rise to a piece of baseball equipment you see everyday.

"And then I got into an argument with (owner Charlie) Finley in ’67 and he released me. That’s when I went to Boston. Then in ’68, that’s when the Athletics went out to Oakland and that became a great ballclub — five consecutive divisional titles, three consecutive World Championships in ’72, ’73 and ’74. When I went to the Red Sox in ’67 and helped them a little bit to win the pennant. We played in the World Series and got beat in seven games by the Cardinals.

We went out to play one day and I played 27
(golf) because I wasn’t supposed to be playing that day...I went out and took batting practice and I had a blister from changing my grip, right on my left hand. But I remembered I had my golf glove up in my jeans.

... the Yankees were (all over me). “You (bleep). You, you…” I mean they were relentless, because back in those days bench-jockeying was common. So anyway, Whitey hung me a curveball first time up. I hit it about 450 in left-center field. But they stayed on me. Then later in the game, I hit another one out.

The next day, all the Yankees came out of the clubhouse and were taking batting practice and they all had red golf gloves on. Mantle had the clubbie go out and buy a couple dozen read All-Star golf gloves. And that’s how the batting glove started. I never hit without one again."

Touch ’em All: Ken “The Hawk” Harrelson on inventing the batting glove, playing against the Mick, and the glory of halibut in Seattle

Nikola "The Joker" Jokic interviewed after the dang Denver Nuggets won it all for the first time ever.
First time anyone led in assists, points & rebounds in the playoffs.
Beast mode.

In other local winter sports news:
West Genny is the state public high school Divison I hockey champs.
Skinnyatlas won their 5th state hockey title in Division II.
Vegas wins the Stanley Cup 9-3 in 5 games tonight.
Denver won the NBA finals in 5 games 8 daze ago
Wyndham Clark from Boulder won The US Open Golf Championship Sunday.

It’s been a good run for the folks near the mountains out there.
Professional winter sports are finally over & Mammoth still has lots of snow.

Me too Tski ! go Peacocks !
The (8-0) Rebs got their starting point guard from last year’s Saint Peter’s team and won a nailbiter cause of him vs MemFuss.

And Red’s Orange beat both Colgate & Cornell this season.
So much winning.

And Red’s Orange beat both Colgate & Cornell this season.
So much winning.
The Orange now has:
Red as head coach for hoops.
Brown as head coach for football.
All Cuse need's now is somebody named Green and/or White for lacrosse and/or soccer and we’ll really have something.

Play Georgetown Saturday 30 minutes before noon down there

Back