Bring the Stoke

It was structured a bit differently than in previous versions. Instead of covering a few skiers at different mountains, it was more of a celebration of 74 years of Warren Miller films so they covered skiing in different decades (skis, style, gear, apres etc). It was fun to see how styles change and how much the sport has grown.
The company really sucks ass now & they didn’t shoot much new footage (just the Donny stuff in Squaw?) because they realized they can just edit together a bunch of old stuff, use old clips of Warren Miller’s voice, save money, & people will still pay money to watch it.

Quite the racket.

The company really sucks ass now & they didn’t shoot much new footage (just the Donny stuff in Squaw?) because they realized they can just edit together a bunch of old stuff, use old clips of Warren Miller’s voice, save money, & people will still pay money to watch it.

Quite the racket.
Article’s a little old but explains the shitshowation.

IIRC the Albany show was the biggest stop for the Warren Miller movie. They always sold out Friday night and Saturday afternoon shows. It was a fun night and for ~$20 you got admission and usually a Sugarbush voucher and maybe a couple BOGOs for Hunter or even Killington.The first show after COVID was $30 plus a $15 Ticketmaster fee and no swag, so I never went back.

mm

No ski vouchers this year but they had some decent raffle prizes - a couple of $75 gift cards to High Adventure Ski Shop, a weekend at Stowe with lodging, a Ski Jacket, some other stuff I can't remember. they also were throwing out a lot of t-shirts and DVDs but we didn't' catch any. It was a fun night but definitely not one of the better movies. I was expecting to see some footage from last years epic winter out west. I found the Donny Pelletier footage kind of weak. I get it if they had a couple of quick scenes but he was prominently featured.

Anyone get to the Albany or Boston Ski expo? I've been the Albany one in the past but skipped it this year.

Anyone get to the Albany or Boston Ski expo? I've been the Albany one in the past but skipped it this year.
Albany one is coming up this Saturday. I’ll probably go.

Also, ski swap at West Mountain this weekend. I’ll probably drop off the rest of my alpine equipment.

All Tele all the time this year (and for the foreseeable future until I buy new Alpine/AT boots).

IMG_2069.jpeg

Back