Belleayre Conditions

You guys rock! I ended up finding out late last night I had to work so was at it until a bit past 2 a.m., and therefore no skiing for Dom today. I can't wait to hear the reports, and look forward even more to skiing with you guys!!!

Another beauty yesterday, sorry Dom. I was expecting a decent crowd, didn’t happen. Lots of whales out there - I'm guessing new trails open for the weekend.

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1959 2.jpg

IMG_1960 3.jpg

Last edited:
That's an informative website -- I wish it'd been around when I was a kid.

In my early teens, I played hockey with Oren Lyons' son Rex at the State Fair Coliseum (he quickly supplanted me as the top scorer on our team!). It was clear that Oren was a regional celebrity because there would always be a sizable crew of people gravitating around him when he attended our games; however, I didn't realize until years later how big an international star he was as an indigenous activist.
Rex’s band, The Ripcords, are playin Heuga’s at Song Mtn next Friday the 29th.
His cousin Irv Lyons Jr., also plays in the band.
Small world.

Really great day at Belle. Opted to go there over my usual Gore given Belle was resurfacing open terrain all week with the guns. Did this last year early a couple times also. Yet again it is skiing better early season than Gore this far by leaps and bounds in trying weather conditions. Very little ice to start and none really until about 2ish when a few patches started to show. Light crowds. Great coverage and A+ carving conditions. Seneca, Yahoo, and Peakamoose ROTDs. Onetora close second. They are killing it again this year with the early season snowmaking!

How's the Chinese? 🤠

Back