Ski Bowl 3.0 at Gore

There has always been a way to ski off the backside. Getting to the Rabbit Pond trail and The Raymond Brook trail was pretty easily accessible from a quick right turn off the very beginning of Peaceful Valley just beyond the top of the lift.

We skied it in 2019. I didn't remember much of a climb.

Gore says they’re selling the old gondola cabins but ya gotta buy all of ‘em at once.

... and who knows what will happen regarding the zippy thing. A few years ago, there was test drilling occurring over the summer for the towers for the zippy thing, and I spoke with the guy from Atlantic Testing Labratories, and he said the towers were definitely going to be "in the way" of the ski trails and the glades. So here's hoping for a swing and miss on the zippy thing ;)
Appears the zip thingy🍺 aka "anchor attraction”, now being referred to as "summer attraction” is still being mentioned... but, like always, ya gotta go to know. Hope they come up with a face saving-cost saving excuse to give folks a better option (amphitheater) than whatever the dang zippy was supposed to be.

I have yet to see Mt van Hoevenberg's mountain coaster packed. I see 1 or 2 people at a time.

An Amphitheater that close in distance from SPAC, but that much further from population than SPAC seems illadvised.
Depends. What is the target audience? Camping? Band? Etc. Working a sold out show maybe 1:30 from spac this weekend. I don't think Gore could do spac numbers but they could do ok. Probably better than the zippy thing. Money's in the f&b, especially the b.

Back