Wildlife

Saw a wild pig on the side of the highway today. That’s a first for me. It’s been a while since I got to add to the list

Saw a wild pig on the side of the highway today. That’s a first for me. It’s been a while since I got to add to the list

We have those around here as well. Back in the late 90's there was a local game farm where people with more money than brains could come and "hunt" the game animal of their choice. Some of those were pigs, well, a bunch of pigs got out of the high fence into the wild. The farm was about 10ish miles (as the crow fly's) from our hunting camp. We ran into a pile of them on 2 different occasions this year, twas very difficult not to shoot the bastards. DEC does not want you to shoot them, rather have you report them, location, number, etc. They will then come in and trap them to relocate them (where I don't know). The issue with shooting them is once you shoot one they will break up and disperse to other property's therefor increasing the population of them. Those F'rs will do some damage to farm land like no other animal I've ever seen.

How was this year's outing with your guys?

Fantastic!!! Actually, we had our best year in I can't tell you how long. We saw deer like the old days. What a fun year!!! We all have plenty of venni for the year, that's for sure.

This is one crazy pic
To think a Yote can sneak up on a red tail is crazy to me

154868570_252298749704323_5755034160234277919_o.jpg

I wish he’d come get the one picking off all my chickens

Back