Wildlife

You get a lot of great owl pics. ?
Is there that many of them around an/or do ya know just where they are?
Thank you. The Snowys and Shorties are seasonal visitors from up north that visit the Washington County Grasslands in the winter. The Great Horned, Barred and Screech are all around locally year round. Saw Whet is the next local species I am after, Long Heared were in the Grasslands a couple of years ago but not since.

One of the local County DPWs puts the roadkill out on the ice, the Bald Eagles flock in. Battles are common.View attachment 11523
Is the second bird an immature Bald Eagle? I've heard it takes 5years for their white plumage to fill in .

They've made a comeback in my area as well I can think of seven places they can be seen on a regular basis.

Is the second bird an immature Bald Eagle? I've heard it takes 5years for their white plumage to fill in .

They've made a comeback in my area as well I can think of seven places they can be seen on a regular basis.
8 Saw another on the way home lol

This Red-Tailed Hawk is a graduate of Birdie Modeling School.
5D4_8823.jpg

That’s so cool. I flew a glider out of Sun Valley a few times. Most of my flights were sled rides but I was able to catch some lift off Red-tailed ridge. What an incredible experience it was to fly around with the birds. After a while they got tired of having me around and started bombing the canopy. They rule the sky in those parts.

Last edited:
Back