Whiteface Conditions

Good Day with WestCoastBen and Face4me. The overcast weather contributed to keeping people away. A late start meant soft conditions all day. Better conditions than yesterday, including a rip down a beautifully soft, seldom skied Draper's. Simply beautiful.

Slim coverage in some spots, i.e. Approach above Mac, last pitch of Boreen, portions of Paron's.

Word seems to be next weekend, but if they can stretch to the 17th, they will.

View attachment 14466
Good Day with WestCoastBen and Face4me. The overcast weather contributed to keeping people away. A late start meant soft conditions all day. Better conditions than yesterday, including a rip down a beautifully soft, seldom skied Draper's. Simply beautiful.

Slim coverage in some spots, i.e. Approach above Mac, last pitch of Boreen, portions of Paron's.

Word seems to be next weekend, but if they can stretch to the 17th, they will.
Good times were had for sure! Thanks so much for the North country hospitality and for being patient. Sorry I wasn’t able to hang longer at the Cloudspin. Next round’s on me for sure!

Why are they widening Upper Thruway and Upper Parkway? Is that a windy spot?

On another topic. Are these pics from Cloudspin or Niagara?

cloudspin-snow.jpg

niagara.jpg

I should know since I took them. Not sure where we crossed over from Sky.

Why are they widening Upper Thruway and Upper Parkway? Is that a windy spot?

On another topic. Are these pics from Cloudspin or Niagara?

cloudspin-snow.jpg

niagara.jpg

I should know since I took them. Not sure where we crossed over from Sky.
Cloudspin. I can't remember. I think it was Upper Switchback.

I think the logic in removing the tree stand is to have two FIS homologated trails next to each other. One for training, one for competition.

I am blown away, in a good way, that they let this trail go semi-wild. Now THAT'S an appurtenance!

I thought that and Mountain Run were the best of the day.

Not much open today, just Excelsior/L Northway/ Skyward/Paron’s and Runout. Sun is struggling. Scattered pow-ish on edges of Skyward. Hoping for a window of sun before I throw in the towel!

Back