What's for lunch

Carne asada made with NY strip steak.

02BF9F77-6A99-40BE-916E-3E5E5A245D2C.jpeg

No kidding, I was reading the 1st couple things on the menu and was like hell yeah kicking it up like ole Scotty for lunch time, then the last part and it was like whoa,
Sparrow guts was intentional. I thought that's what everyone called those yummy, tasty green stalks in the spring. (Of course, I know it's asparagus, but that's not as fun.) And, even though I share carrots with my horse, I do prefer my meat cooked. I am not a fan of innards. Ever. I have tried pate, fried liver and onions, and sweet breads. My son decided to cook deer heat this past season in olive oil, garlic, and thyme. I gave that a hard pass.

and

Can’t say I’ve had either of those
Lol , Best Asparagus you’ll ever have is raw out of the garden.
Next best is in an Insta pot pressure cooker.
Does a great job on Venison too.

Believe she meant deer heart. Best sliced thin, dredged in flour and sautéed in butter. We call them ring steaks.

Yes, should have been deer heart. It was sauteed in bunch of garlic and thyme, which should be good for anything. Nope.
I'm with you . When some one tells me I would have liked it I just cooked it wrong I call BS. Deer tastes like beef marinated in armpit. Not for me.

Deer tastes like beef marinated in armpit. Not for me.
LMAO -- never heard it put that way.

Obviously I love venison or I wouldn't spend days in the woods freezing my ass off. Basically I rarely buy beef in the summer. As for deer heart, the only way I've had it and even remotely liked it was when it was stuffed with marinara sauce, peppers, onions, and baked. Other than that I'm not a fan. Don't care for the liver either --- they call that the "guides dinner".

Back