What's for lunch

All this talk about carbonara got me thinking.... tonight, I prepared my first ever pasta carbonara. I used orecchiette instead of spaghetti. Thrilled to find guanciale at an Italian grocery only 12 miles away. For my first attempt, it wasn't bad. Child approved. Arneis was a good accompaniment, although a wine from Lazio might be more genuine.

carbonara.jpeg

I guess I shouldn't share my harissa sauce recipe, in that case.
I’m just joking. But I do avoid cream and butter sauces. Just not my thing. I have been making a lot of Korean nd Thai

I’m just joking. But I do avoid cream and butter sauces. Just not my thing. I have been making a lot of Korean nd Thai
I've made Thai food but never Korean. Where do you get your recipes?

I've made Thai food but never Korean. Where do you get your recipes?
Crazy as it sounds I cook for a living.
like everyone else I use the internet and I go to a local Korean market. I’m not afraid to buy and try unusual ingredients. I learn a ton from the people I work with etc

like everyone else I use the internet and I go to a local Korean market. I’m not afraid to buy and try unusual ingredients. I learn a ton from the people I work with etc

Chapeau. I couldn't imagine doing that. Thanksgiving is a huge undertaking chez moi.

Chapeau. I couldn't imagine doing that. Thanksgiving is a huge undertaking chez moi.

I drive my wife crazy on thanksgiving. Most people start early or the day before. I usually wonder into the kitchen around 11 am and finish up at 1
That includes making the pies and and getting the bird in the oven.

Last edited:

The nearest Asian market is mainly Chinese and southeast Asian. Korean market is a long drive. My one attempt at preparing kim chi didn't turn out great. Many awesome Korean restaurants in Palisades Park, Fort Lee and environs. After the pandemic I'll get back there.

As for Thanksgiving, I'm one of those guys that starts the day or 2 days before.

The nearest Asian market is mainly Chinese and southeast Asian. Korean market is a long drive. My one attempt at preparing kim chi didn't turn out great. Many awesome Korean restaurants in Palisades Park, Fort Lee and environs. After the pandemic I'll get back there.

As for Thanksgiving, I'm one of those guys that starts the day or 2 days before.
I pass through fort lee every day

Back