Tuckerman Ravine 4.14.13

Or you’d have yellow rime all over your clothes
Ten years ago I hiked to the summit with my wife
Stupid me didn’t drink a drop of water and was very dehydrated. Stared to vomit on the summit.
facing the wrong direction.
yiu can guess what happened.
my wife wasn’t sympathetic either

Ten years ago I hiked to the summit with my wife
Stupid me didn’t drink a drop of water and was very dehydrated. Stared to vomit on the summit.
facing the wrong direction.
yiu can guess what happened.
my wife wasn’t sympathetic either
Don’t do that out here! No water here is a death wish.

This is the "medical issue" that prevented my son and I from summiting on our second attempt mentioned above. He was in his first year of college and looked like shit when he got home. I forced him to drink water the whole drive up the night before and that morning but it apparently wasn't enough, he passed out on the hike up the tuckerman trail. He got his shit together enough to hike back down and, being father of the year, dropped his sorry ass back at the hotel in North Conway and went back and hiked up to at least ski the Sherbie.

Still smiling on the down-hike though

Attachments

• tux2.jpg
    tux2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
sorry if you heard this but love this story. real insight into what a knucklehead i am. was living in boston in mid 80's. one night, mid april, I'm drinking beers and talking skiing. beers are flowing and so is bull shit. someone throws out "ever ski tuckermans". i don't even think I knew what it was back then. I say dude I can ski anything. next day we are headed there with little sleep and a big hangover. I have my ski boots hanging around my neck, skis tied like a bow around my back and ski poles in hand. My pack has a sub and 6 pack of bud in it. genius packed no water. during the hike up i'm lapping water out of the streams like a dog. someone yells out your gonna get beaver fever. I'm thinking beaver fever or dehydration, either way i am a dead man. turned out to be a great day. skied one run and polished the 6 pack off on the rocks. great party up there

Back