Today's Ride

Last virtual ride of the season! In mid January I finally broke down and picked up a Saris M2 smart trainer off of fb marketplace, and a mat and wheel stand from amazon. It came with a free Rouvy subscription so started there. Easy set up in the garage bike stable with an ipad and easy on/off to mix in a few real rides on decent days. All in all not as miserable as I though it would be, Rouvy has filmed routes (not animations) and rode through Italy, Greece, Utah and Revelstoke BC. Cranked some tunes and enjoyed the sites along with some virtual and other "real" riders from around the world. Its's still a stationary bike though and your shit will go numb if you let it and doing more than an hour at a time would be a hard push for me. Ended up with ten rides and a hundred miles more than I would have gotten in this winter at about $25 bucks a pop all said and done, so meh, not too bad!

Last edited:
1000005132.jpg

Come to the conclusion that there are many ways to Live the dream but you only have to find one that works for you

Holy crap

1000005287.jpg

1000005286.jpg

1000005313.jpg

The trees are budding and they've sucked up all the water. Trails are pretty dry after some big rain.

And woah! Second best part of this is that I didn't do it.

1000005314.jpg

May actually be the best part

And it's always somethin
1000005315.jpg

Last edited:
Back