Today's Hike

My god, the west is burning, the south is getting hurricanes and everyone else has to worry about Covid. Wonderful day.

Out and back to Mission Peak via the summer approach. This another Mission side-country spot. An easy traverse from the ski area in the Winter, a bumpy car ride and pleasant walk during the summer. It's easy access to the Alpine. Lots of talus. We thought we would escape the smoke, but it's pretty much everywhere.

Here's what it looked like. The blue square on the map was the destination from yesterday's hike
MissionPeakMap.jpg

You can see the ski area from here... it the line in the upper left
MissionSkiArea.jpg

You can see the Enchantment range from here
MissionPeakEnchantmentView.jpg

Not much in the way of views today, but there was some cool stuff on the ground
MissionPlant.jpg

MissionPlant2.jpg

Attachments

• MissionBurn.jpg
    MissionBurn.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 71
Is that a blue sky day with smoke added?

How was the breathing?

In Hudson Valley Saturday end of September tomorrow in Shawgunk mountain range
Anyone from going
Tomorrow forecast for high elevation around Sams point is 50 degrees and ? be awesome day for sure??????

In Hudson Valley Saturday end of September tomorrow in Shawgunk mountain range
Anyone from going
Tomorrow forecast for high elevation around Sams point is 50 degrees and ? be awesome day for sure??????
Saturday September 19 wacky crazy 2020
Great weather today low humidity very comfortable.
Love being so close to Shawgunk mountain range 15 miles from my apartment in Middletown NY thanks Jim for picking me up 2nd day of hiking this year
Cooler temperatures here so definitely plan on few more good hiking before snow falls.
Sams Point glad to see what beautiful areas to live in.
Always nice to see lots of other with family and pets enjoy it to

Quick walk over in the Dry Gulch/Saddle Rock zone. Warm fall day... a great time to be outside in the PNW

Here's what is looks like on Google Earth... this is part of a trail system that spans the West side of the valley.
DrygulchGoogleEarth.jpg

DryGulch2.jpg

Saddle Rock is in the center left... if you squint real hard you can see Glacier Peak just to the right of it.
GlacierPeakFromDryGulch.jpg

Back