The Mouse Thread

Peter Minde

Yes I've got a mouse issue. Are humane traps with it?

Yes I've got a mouse issue. Are humane traps with it?
There used to be some local cats that would hang out under the porch crawlspace sometimes when it got cold & never had a mouse.
The cats have been pretty much gone in the last couple years and I saw a mouse about a month ago when it first got cold.
Put out a Victor trap with some cheese.
Caught 5 in the last month & none in the last week. Mice didn’t know what hit em.

Thanks. I'm in the early stages of looking for cats, but I don't want to wait.

Thanks. I'm in the early stages of looking for cats, but I don't want to wait.
A friend had a hardware store in Alexandria Va. and sold piles of bird seed to the locals who liked looking at birds.
Had a problem with mice eating the bird seed. We told him to get a cat, so he got a couple for the store from the local shelter.
Problem solved and the cats had fun.

A friend had a hardware store in Alexandria Va. and sold piles of bird seed to the locals who liked looking at birds.
Had a problem with mice eating the bird seed. We told him to get a cat, so he got a couple for the store from the local shelter.
Problem solved and the cats had fun.
Victor traps and peanut butter acquired!

Did you get the ones with the cheese-shaped pedal? Baited with peanut butter, they are the bomb:

1698598498267.png

A bit of UpState history with “Victor" traps:
"Metal animal traps made by Oneida were the world’s best for over 70 years. Under the brand names of Newhouse and Victor, about 120 million game traps were manufactured in Sherrill, New York. They paid for a utopia, a silverware industry and a city."

Back