The Incredible Music Thread

I hadn't seen this before. It is pretty low energy, even for Dreams. Hard to believe it's the official video.

Still Stevie had an amazing voice.

That song reminds me of that one summer working this crappy job, but spending every night with at my girlfriends, staying very late and driving home at one in the morning in my Dad's old Volvo trying to stay awake, the dotted lines on the road passing by to the beat of Dreams.

I saw an interview with Stevie recently where she said, "we were so confident before going out on stage because we knew we had so many good songs."

ETA: I just went down the YouTube rabbit hole on Fleetwood Mac. Rumours had a hit on the charts for 353 consecutive weeks. Wow.
I was introduced to Stevie as a youngster in the early 80's. My older brother had a huge crush on her. The Leather & Lace duet with Don Henley was a great tune for a crush.

IMO: The era of the 70's & early 80's has produced some amazing music... true compositions with old school sound engineering. Dreams is a great example. The studio version of this song is one of my pop favorites of the era.

This song has grabbed a hold of me again after the viral tik-tok thing happened. The video did nothing for me except remind me of how awesome the song is. Stevie Nicks owns the publishing rights to Dreams. She's really cool about letting it fly without any copyright belly aching. Lindsey Buckingham is a complete douche bag blocker. Don Henley is another rabid blocker. It's unfortunate because social media seems to be a revitalizer for great tunes of past eras.

The guitar part reminds me of being on the Yo-Yo ride at Rock Point amusement park in Rhode Island when I was a kid. It's a pretty simple composition. The tone & effect do it for me. It's replicated pretty good in the live performance, but the cleanliness of the studio sound is mesmerizing.

I'm a bigger fan of Fleetwood Mac's first incarnation before Buckingham and Nicks. It is full on blues rock instead of the more pop rock of Fleetwood Mac's later years.

If you want a mind expanding cartoon experience, checkout Midnight Gospel on Netflix.... psychedelics... this cartoon would be awesome on any of them.

The soundtrack has interesting tunes... this one is stuck in my head.

If you need to choose between armor and love, don't make my mistake, let your heart break. Better to die on the battle field of love... (repeat)

My favorite fleetwood mac song

^^That's very cool.

I went way down the Mac rabbit hole on my ride today, a longer gravel grind, that I successfully extended into a loop by taking some routes I'd never taken. Was just really guessing on the route.

I found this Mac play list with songs from all iterations of the band, with some post-Mac Stevie thrown in.

So many of the tunes are about those two romantic relationships that went bust.

Supposedly The Chain is about Stevie's determination to keep Fleetwood Mac together even though she was done with Buckingham. In that light check out how she looks at him throughout this video.

Vocals meh, amazing guitar.

Back