Sweet Cars and Trucks

A little more about restored VW quad-axle T1 van called the Half-track Fox.

There’s a 300cc BMW “car" for auction at Bring A Trailer.
Bid’s at $5K now.
Germany, still rebuilding post war. My late friend Colin recalled rationing in London postwar.

This one's for @Campgottagopee. I've begun looking at used cars for my child. I know the market is tight right now. Is there any wiggle room to negotiate on price? Thank you,

This one's for @Campgottagopee. I've begun looking at used cars for my child. I know the market is tight right now. Is there any wiggle room to negotiate on price? Thank you,
That's a tough one. I'd say there is some, not much. The market is still so screwy. Dealers are paying top, top, $$$ for cars right now. You might find a few hundred but I'd imagine that's it.
Finding something might be the hardest issue you'll run into right now.....

Honestly I'd recommend looking at new. You may have to travel but right now that's the best bang for the buck.
I say that assuming you can find a dealer to sell at MSRP.

Or you get a new whip and give yours away.

Thanks, Camp. If I could knock a few hundred dollars off the price of used, I'd be fine with that. Not expecting a pie in the sky deal in this market.

Giving the child my car isn't an option: she doesn't drive manual.

Canvas your area with an open mind, Peter. I was intent on buying a used regular cab compact pickup for our third car when junior got his license but prices were ridiculous. We got a brand new Elantra for dirt cheap instead and its been great. I bet there's some class of practical vehicle out there that isn't in such high demand.

PXL_20220610_130303474.jpg
PXL_20220610_130105764.jpg
PXL_20220610_125152098.jpg
PXL_20220610_124655652.jpg

Back