Sweet Cars and Trucks

Yeah that sucker WAS a boat , sharp looking , but after about 75 k i was carrying a damn case of transmission oil in the trunk . That foolish push button BS was a serious PIA .

i ditched it in college then when i graduated Got MY first real car ( ya know the one i actually MADE payments on ???) a brand new 65 Mustang HT , 4 on the floor V8 ,Burgundy mettallic with White naugahyde interior ....that was The Bomb

Yeah that sucker WAS a boat , sharp looking , but after about 75 k i was carrying a damn case of transmission oil in the trunk . That foolish push button BS was a serious PIA .

i ditched it in college then when i graduated Got MY first real car ( ya know the one i actually MADE payments on ???) a brand new 65 Mustang HT , 4 on the floor V8 ,Burgundy mettallic with White naugahyde interior ....that was The Bomb
Is that the one ya caught Mrs. Daddy with? If so more power to ya.

Is that the one ya caught Mrs. Daddy with? If so more power to ya.
Nope The Queen of the Hop and i became an item in the summer after our sophomore years. We did NOT know one another at all, went to different schools and luckily had a chance meeting at dance gig at a local hotspot

I was wheeless at the time as the Merc had shit the bed ,so I was borrowing my dad's yr old Pontiac Catalina 421 HT with 3 on the tree .That car was a damn ghost , it looked sedate as hell BUT had a V8 421 cu in monster under the hood .

Did this car have a roll-down back window? I remember that "feature" from a neighbor's car when I was a kid.
Yes it did , also one of th first with Quad headlights it was a great looking car , lots of unique features BUT that damn pushbutton transmission was HORRIBLE.

I have seen that same model converted to 4 on the floor in a retro fit and they FETCH a pretty decent price today . Wish i had kept it but i was a college kid and never could have afforded the rebuild

Nope The Queen of the Hop and i became an item in the summer after our sophomore years. We did NOT know one another at all, went to different schools and luckily had a chance meeting at dance gig at a local hotspot

I was wheeless at the time as the Merc had shit the bed ,so I was borrowing my dad's yr old Pontiac Catalina 421 HT with 3 on the tree .That car was a damn ghost , it looked sedate as hell BUT had a V8 421 cu in monster under the hood .
My folks had a Catalina too. Nice big fast solid smooth boats.
Ya needed a lot of metal back then as seat belts were new and airbags wasn’t a word.

Last edited:
As a kid I can't tell you how many times I road with my parents, standing up in between them, in the front seat. I had to be able to see everything. Today my parents would be arrested. Crazy times.
Oh HELL YEAH !!! When we had JB our second child went out bought me a a new 69 Bonneville2 dr HT and ole JB was in faux kiddie driver seat between me and The Queen , and his big sis ( The JV QUEEN?) then 3 was on her moms lap or hanging in the back seat . Today we would hve been busted . Funny thing was picked up for going 55 in a 35 zone and the County Mounty never said a word bout THAT seating arrangement ????

Back