Summer Weather 2021

Upstate-Snow-WWO-2021.png

Credit:

Larry is coming in on a sweet course for surfing, Thursday and Friday in Atlantic City their looks to be as good as it gets on the east coast, fun to watch if not getting in the water
27965D52-D31A-428C-BCEA-987C8B6EA724.jpeg

89007A6F-B52B-4858-9438-19A44307A304.jpeg

Brigantine inlet beach might be good for SUP surfing if it’s not too big

That’s a hike for me. What’s your opinion of Sandy Hook conditions, maybe Friday instead of Thursday?

Will have to monitor as it gets closer, looks like Sandy hook would be good to get out for something more in control, green smooth waves there at a place called the “ cove” which sounds like a cool place , nice to have something besides a straight beach for different angles to find longer runs and for avoiding wind etc, kind of like a ski area having multiple faces, ie eastern for sun, northern for the goods in the woods , with a front coming from the west I believe that’s pushing it away from the east coast that helps having wind going in the opposite direction of the waves ie off shore, Long Island shows red conditions as the front will run parallel to the beach making cross winds and choppy waves
AD332E37-CB0A-425E-9BD6-5EFADDF946E1.jpeg

Interesting. I wonder where that is exactly. The ocean side is pretty much straight beach if I remember correctly but there are several named coves on the bay side.

3A73A454-7287-42FB-8A5C-802B1ACFF4F6.jpeg
Looks like a sweet spot! Lots of different facing beachfront, you can almost see the waves are tightly spaced going into the “point” and seem to elongate at area’s where the land turns in ,

Last edited:
here is Brigantine inlet, you can see the waves really getting long as the roll into the inlet and hit the beach almost perpendicular, the big waves out near the point for short boards, and people like me SUP surfing further inside , this place can have some of the longest rides on the east coast
CEDB3C81-9F8F-45A1-B2E5-CBF8E36EB36B.jpeg

@jasonwx any predictions about who is going to get how much rain tonight? Kind of snuck up on me, flash flood warnings again.

inmasirny_.gif

Back