Summer Weather 2021

In Middletown NY no hills close those town s got most damaging from yesterday crazy rain maybe 6binch in Middletown mich wores south and east of here
Good news is no AC need yet today probably first for me since late May?

Checked with Jb just now he lives in UWS a block off central park, he says he hardly noticed it ? says its gorgeous down there today . TV news loves hype baby , certain areas in city were no doubt horrible , others apparently meh

Took an hour to make the 10 min drive to work. Bridges out everywhere. Pretty funny actually watching some people trying to cross some busted roads in a passenger vehicle. I just kept going around and letting google maps figure it out.

This is now, on 9/2, the wettest September on record in our area.

A few moves I made two years ago regarding water management paid off big time.

Checked with Jb just now he lives in UWS a block off central park, he says he hardly noticed it ? says its gorgeous down there today . TV news loves hype baby , certain areas in city were no doubt horrible , others apparently meh

Death toll currently at 14. I wouldn't call this hype by any means. Not where we are.

TV news loves hype baby , certain areas in city were no doubt horrible , others apparently meh
This was no joke and unfortunately just a sign of things to come, ask anyone living near the Raritan River. New Jersey is one of the largest tidal estuaries in the nation and our mean elevation is a mere 250ft. Add to that over population in flood prone areas in cities like Paterson and honestly I wonder if we are going to have get around on gondolas like in Venice in 10 years. Schools were called off today in much of the state because the roads are still impassible in many areas and flood damage still being assessed. Don't even get me started with the tornados. I miss the days when our little corner of the mid Atlantic was largely spared from extreme weather events.

This was no joke and unfortunately just a sign of things to come, ask anyone living near the Raritan River. New Jersey is one of the largest tidal estuaries in the nation and our mean elevation is a mere 250ft. Add to that over population in flood prone areas in cities like Paterson and honestly I wonder if we are going to have get around on gondolas like in Venice in 10 years. Schools were called off today in much of the state because the roads are still impassible in many areas and flood damage still being assessed. Don't even get me started with the tornados. I miss the days when our little corner of the mid Atlantic was largely spared from extreme weather events.
You don’t remember the biblical flooding events in Wayne nj in the 70 and early 80’s
Or the insane floods on rt 59 in west Nyack by the mall?

You don’t remember the biblical flooding events in Wayne nj in the 70 and early 80’s
Or the insane floods on rt 59 in west Nyack by the mall?
I was not even a thought in my parents heads at that time but I did work off RT. 23 in Wayne for a few years and can confirm that particular area is one giant punch bowl just waiting for the Pompton and Passaic River to fill up. You see the earth work they've done by Two Bridges in the last 2 years? The ground water behind where I worked in Wayne was often seeping out of the ground durning dry times. We've got to get a grip on developing in flood prone areas round here, unfortunately I think that would mean very little development at all.

Back